April 20, 2021
Want to make a difference? We are embarking on a technological journey that will change mining forever! Join a fast paced, high energy, and dynamic team that is modernizing mining for the future.
Find out more about RACE21™ on our website .
Reporting to the Supervisor, Mining Systems, the Mining Systems Analyst -
RACE21™ is responsible for working with a team of specialists to deliver cutting edge digital mining technology, such as autonomous and tele-remote equipment, rugged mobile computers and systems to optimize fleet efficiency, compliance to plan, geotechnical monitoring, and operator safety.
To be successful we are looking for someone with strong relationship building and communication skills, who can collaborate well in a team environment. Someone who is self-motivated, has strong problem solving abilities, and can prioritize contending demands in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone. Come experience what work life balance is all about! Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Identify, deliver, and maintain digital mining systems across all operations, prioritizing safe production
- Apply organizational change techniques to derive more value from existing technologies and ensure maximum adoption of new technologies
- Develop expertise and breadth of knowledge by performing support for other Operational Technology teams
- Facilitate and support cyber-security improvements, incident response, and forensics
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer or Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Minimum two years' experience delivering and supporting information technology services in an industrial setting, preferably in mining
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop and server Operating Systems, virtualization, Active Directory, and computer networking fundamentals
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals relating to wireless networking, firewalls, and knowledge of common network protocols
- Experience working with digital mining systems such as fleet management, high precision guidance, geotechnical monitoring, vehicle-mounted safety, or related systems
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources. Job Segment:
Systems Analyst, Engineer, Geology, Network, Technology, Engineering, Mining