. Closing Date: December 8, 2021
We are currently seeking an individual in the role of Mine Technician.
Reporting to the Senior Supervisor in Mine Operations this position will be primarily responsible for field updates within the Autonomous Operating Zone (AOZ). Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures;
- Perform routine and planned jobs including data collection, digital mine surface updates (i.e. dumps, loading areas, infrastructure, roads, etc), validations of virtual environment updates with the Autonomous Operating Zone (AOZ);
- Support Autonomous Haulage System (AHS) Builder Supervisor responsibilities with virtual environment updates as assigned (i.e. static and dynamic lane creation, system optimization, etc.);
- Support with autonomous mining truck (AMT) stoppages, dump progression updates as well as field observations and truck performance;
- Pilot non-compliant vehicles throughout the AOZ;
- Provide assistance to Mine Engineering.
- Completion of a Mine Technician Diploma program or a Degree Program with relevant fields from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Minimum 2 years' experience, preferably in open pit mining;
- Strong computer skills particularly with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Database, Windows);
- Knowledge of Vulcan and MineStar and / or experience with autonomous haulage technology would be an asset;
- Experience using GPS, GIS and CAD systems;
- Strong verbal and written skills;
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task and excel in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
We offer the chance to live and work in the Highland Valley and enjoy a variety of recreational opportunities, such as hiking, skiing, fishing, and golf! The mine site is a 50-minute drive from Kamloops, B.C. which provides all of the comforts of city living. The mine site is also close to Merritt, Ashcroft, and Logan Lake, which all exude a small town community atmosphere.
Permanent full-time employees are offered a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan including but not limited to medical, dental and vision
- Retirement Package
- Healthy Lifestyle Account
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution. Our values guide every decision we make as a company and as individual employees. They describe what is most important to us, and set the bar for how we behave in our interactions with society, with our business partners and with one another.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.Tt
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources Job Segment:
Technician, Medical, Engineer, GIS, Technology, Healthcare, Mining, Engineering