Closing Date: March 21st, 2019
Reporting to the General Supervisor, Mill Maintenance, the Supervisor, Mill Maintenance will be responsible for the oversight and supervision of daily mechanical maintenance tasks in the crushing, grinding, flotation, filtering/drying, and leaching areas of the milling complex. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring safe work practices while promoting a culture of safety, and providing a high level of leadership and motivation to crews of 12 to 15 millwrights, welders, and associated union trade groups. Incumbent will be required to work shift-work. Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures;
- Actively supervise a unionized maintenance work, and troubleshoot any issues;
- Verify completion and quality of assigned work;
- Receive work orders from trades for completed jobs. Ensure the work order meets standards for completion and sign the work order;
- Responsible for submitting suggestions for changes in inventory;
- Support regular continuous improvement and problem solving;
- Determine and recommend overtime work, accountable for decisions to General Supervisor.
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience in a metallurgical processing plant;
- Recognized trade qualification as a Millwright, Welder, Machinist, Pipefitter or qualifications as a Mechanical Engineer;
- Understanding of planning and scheduling principles and procedures;
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office and working knowledge of a computerized maintenance management system;;
- Must have Gr.12 or GED;
- Possess a valid driver's license (minimum BC class 7N or equivalent).
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encourage submitting a resume and cover letter electronically.
Your application to this posting is deemed your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#LI-MP1 Job Segment:
Manager, Materials Science, Metallurgy, Social Media, Management, Science, Marketing, Mining
- Apply Now
- Apply with LinkedIn
- Please wait...