Want to use your expertise to connect to an IT career with a difference? As a MF COBOL analyst developer at WorkSafeBC, you'll do just that. Using leading-edge technology, you'll help connect British Columbians to healthy and safe workplaces - providing support for injury prevention programs, rehabilitation services, workplace insurance, and strong health and safety cultures.
You'll be responsible for participating in or developing project scope and plans for maintenance, support, and enhancements to MF COBOL systems. You'll also develop and implement a variety of projects, and deliver support service for system users. What you'll do As a MF COBOL analyst developer you will:
Is this a good fit for you? We're looking for someone who can:
- Participate in or be responsible for the development of the project scope and plans for maintenance, support, and enhancements to existing MF COBOL systems
- Develop and implement projects of varying complexity, following departmental standards or procedures
- Provide a consulting or support service for system users
- Function as an analyst, under the direction of a leader, on major maintenance/enhancements or new development projects
- Act as a leader on smaller projects
- Contribute to evaluations of new technologies and software packages
Your experience and educational background:
- Contribute to the team dynamic by promoting a culture of collaboration across the organization
- Use communication skills to explain the project design in a way that other team members understand
- Energize and motivate the team to build positive morale
- Think critically through complex problems to form practical solutions
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, a STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) field, or business management
- A minimum of nine years of programming experience using COBOL, inclusive of a minimum of two years of experience using MicroFocus COBOL
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Please send any additional application materials via email to Talent Team by 4:30 p.m. on the closing date of the competition.
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email HR Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application. Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we're dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We're honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for. Our benefits
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work - and life. Learn more about what we offer .
WorkSafeBC is an inclusive and accessible employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. Only those under consideration will be contacted. If you're unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you, in advance, for applying.