By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. Kardium has developed a ground-breaking medical device for diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation, a heart condition that can cause strokes, heart failure, and other heart-related complications.
As a member of the Quality Control Team, you will have direct responsibility for the daily metrology activities to support the development, manufacturing, and sales of the Kardium products.
- Conducting the cleaning, maintenance, and calibration of measuring equipment.
- Performing measurement system analysis such as gauge R&R and bias.
- Implementing 5S good practices to the metrology lab.
- Researching and recommending reliable measurement systems.
- Training new employees on the existing measurement tools.
- Sampling, inspection, and measurement of incoming raw materials, in-process, and finished devices according to established specifications and procedures.
- Producing formal reports of the inspection and measurement results and initiating non-conformity reports (NCR) when required.
- 3+ years of hands-on metrology experience, preferably in regulated manufacturing industries, such as medical devices or automotive.
- An ability to interpret mechanical drawings to understand specified dimensional and functional characteristics to be measured, tested, or inspected.
- Proficiency with test and measurement equipment such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges, optical measurement systems, high-precision microscopes, etc.
- Familiarity with the ISO/IEC 17025 standard.
- An associate degree or diploma in a technical field, or equivalent combination of education, technical training, and/or related experience.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication and technical documentation skills.
- The willingness and ability to take on additional responsibilities as appropriate.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.
Biotechnology Manufacturing and Production Quality Assurance