Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Are you a registered Medical Technologist looking to highlight your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment? We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your excellent work ethic to our Laboratory department. ** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
Performs laboratory work and related duties in the fields of Biochemistry, Hematology, Blood Bank, Urology and Microbiology. Reports data obtained to the physician. Works under the supervision of the Chief Medical Technologist.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
: Days - 08:00 to 16:00, rotating Lakes District Hospital
is a 12 acute bed hospital that offers emergency services, laboratory, diagnostic imaging, rehabilitation, pharmacy. There is one labour/delivery/recovery suite and 1 palliative care room. There are provision for public health, mental health and addictions, and home and community care service, as well as local physician and emergency services. Burns Lake
has a population of 1,779 (2021) local residents and serves the surrounding areas of the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako estimating a population of 7,000. Wilderness and some of BC's largest freshwater lakes where sport fishing is a popular activity for both locals and tourists surround Burns Lake. Check out Burns Lake for more information on this family friendly community.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial support for moving expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
• Successful completion of an approved Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science course in Medical Technology.
• Current registration as a member of the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science.Skills and Abilities:
• Accuracy in the performance of duties; must have a keen perception and a good judgment.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instruction.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work without supervision.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to modify existing procedures when necessary.
• Ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Ability to work as part of a team.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
Health Care Information Technology