Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electrical Engineer: Harvey 2517
We are currently looking for someone who has hydraulic oil system design experience (Include analysis, test, and development experience).
We are an industrial automation (valve automation for the oil and gas industries) provider that offers value added services in-house for all aspects of automation, including:
- A CUL certified panel shop for explosion proof panels.
- A distributor of fluid power components and systems.
- A fully functioning machine shop.
- Engineering services which provide creative design solutions.
- Controls design & engineering for hydraulic, pneumatic, electro-pneumatic, electro-hydraulic and electric based solutions.
The Mechatronics Engineer combines aspects of mechanical, and electrical engineering in order to increase efficiency in the production and fabrication of valve automation as well as other automation solutions.
As part of the team, excellent customer service is critical.
In addition, this person will ensure that the engineering for companies valve automation projects meet code, delivery, and quality within agreed upon service levels.
He or she will assist in coordination of key projects and ensure efficient and effective day to day operations are maintained.
The Mechatronics Engineering will also act as a Subject Matter Expert on projects and will work closely with the VP Engineering and Engineering Manager.
- Ensure the efficient and effective operation of all engineering with the goal of providing excellent customer service.
- Communicate with customers on all technical aspects of the project.
- Oversee that production work is performed in accordance with project requirements.
- Develop and implement operational guidelines for client’s environments to be implemented by the operation team.
- Design engineering systems for industrial valve automation.
- Work collaboratively with the companies team to design and develop hydraulic/electro-hydraulic systems, and custom valve automation and applications.
- Develop “Best Practices” documents for use in operations to ensure consistency.
- Establish work rules, policies, and processes and leverage technology to ensure maximum productivity and efficient delivery of services.
- Identify areas for potential savings or investments.
- Create mechanical design documents for parts, assemblies, or finished products.
- Create engineering documents such as technical specifications, hydraulic schematics, electrical schematics, test procedures, assembly work instructions, test reports.
- Maintain technical project files in accordance with EGBC’s QMS policies and ISO9001 standards.
- Analyze existing development or manufacturing procedures and suggest improvements.
- Implement or test design solutions.
- Perform testing, quality control, and analysis of finished product and prepare technical reports
- Generate Bill of Materials (BOMs) for electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic assemblies.
- Identify and select materials appropriate for mechatronic system designs.
- Upgrade the design of existing devices by adding mechatronic elements.
- Other duties may be assigned
Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of technical experience in hydraulics/electro-hydraulics and controls with an excellent track record in all phases of Engineering Management including operations and design.
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Engineering from an accredited institute, or a related field required.
- Must be registered or eligible to be registered with EGBC as an EIT, Eng. L. or P. Eng.
- Fundamental skills in engineering systems: experience designing and evaluating hydraulic, pneumatic, and electronic control systems are desirable.
- Industrial and/or electro-hydraulic applications experience.
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Articulate, diplomatic, excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to interdisciplinary and collaborate teamwork.
- Good command of written English is required with experience in technical writing being an asset.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple work streams and remain calm under pressure.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Solid Works is required.
- Fully versed in all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project).
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on experience
Benefits package is available after 3 months