Mechanical Engineering Manager: Harvey 2501
- As a growing company, we have an opening in our Abbotsford, BC office for an experienced fulltime Engineering Manager to support our Engineering group.
- This role will manage the engineering department and aid in the execution of design projects for a variety of customers across North America and internationally.
- The successful candidate will report directly to the General Manager and receive direction from the Project Manager and Technical Sales Manager.
- This is a great opportunity to make a difference with a positive team in an innovative environment.
- Manage a team of mechanical designers and engineers.
- Oversee the completion of projects on time and within budget.
- Report to senior management on engineering and engineering-related activities.
- Assist sales in the generation and presentations of technical literature to assist in the sales process.
- Manage the SR&ED process in the organization, including submissions to consultants on yearly R&D activity.
- Create, modify, and review 3D models and 2D drawings of engineering designs
- Maintain workflow in SolidWorks PDM
- Provide technical descriptions and figures for patent applications
- Update progress against project schedules
- Document Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and lessons learned
- Ensure compliance with panel board industry customer requirements and standards
- Travel to the site to assist the Sales department in the collection of relevant data and information to complete bid and project scope documents
- measure up existing components and systems.
- Engineering Management experience
- Mechanical design experience preferably in the forest and building products (lumber, plywood, gypsum)
- Structural design of weldments and bolted structures
- Strong verbal and written communication
- CAD: SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- SolidWorks PDM Administration preferred
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP) inventory system
- Applied Science Technologist (AScT) registered in British Columbia preferred
- 10+ years of experience in a Mechanical Design role
- The company has been serving the panel board manufacturing industry for over 40 years.
- We are the primary dryer parts supplier and dryer rebuilder in North America.
- We supply new longitudinal dryers and jet dryer systems as well as offer consulting and engineering services, focusing on machinery used for plywood and gypsum production.
This is a fulltime position
Salary of $85,000 to $100,000 per year, depending on experience
Benefits package is available after 3 months.