is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable VANCOUVER The Opportunity: WSP
is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineering Co-op Student
to join our Building/ Mechanical & Electrical Team, located in our Vancouver, BC office, for a 8 month term
, beginning January 2023. As a member of the buildings team you will gain valuable exposure to accomplished engineers and have the opportunity work on interesting and challenging projects. You will be part of our vibrant, enthusiastic team, and have the opportunity to help deliver a variety of services related to structural engineering. Why WSP?
• We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion
• Our Flexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
• Our Hybrid Work Policy
- a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
• A Canadian
success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your
ideas and trying new
• A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAre WSP A day in the life:
• Be an active member of project teams working on the structural design of new and existing buildings, as well as provide advisory services to clients. This includes providing technical support, performing calculations, conducting site inspections, interacting with clients and other professionals and contributing to design reporting.
• Prepare project deliverables, including basic calculations, specifications, field review reports, and technical reports.
• Perform field reviews to review construction details and compliance with the design
• Liaise with other teams in the WSP Buildings team such as electrical, mechanical, sustainability, project management services and building sciences
• Conduct research regarding new construction technologies and materials, as well as progressing the field of computational design
• Assist the team in developing various reports and project correspondence
• Help develop and/or improve internal processes and templates
• Other duties as assigned/required What you'll bring to WSP ...
• Entering the Second, third or final year of a Mechanical Engineering degree program
• Previous co-op or summer work experience in the engineering or construction industry an asset
• Passionate to learn and gain experience in this dynamic industry. Pro-active solutions driven mentality, who questions and positively disrupts the norms
• Proven ability adapting to changing priorities
• Strong time management and planning skills
• Succinct communicator in daily interactions and in written correspondence
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada/