26349 Position Type:
Prince George, BC, Canada Location:
You're an analytical problem solver who finds quick and clever ways to overcome difficulties. You are proactive over reactive and work to solve issues before problems arise. Organized, with sharpened interpersonal skills, you work well with "teams and machines", and excel in effective communications, both written and verbal.
As the Mechanical Engineering (Co-op) Student, you will gain relevant experience in working in an industrial setting as you apply your education to everyday challenges. This is an incredible opportunity to learn from some of the best in the biz as you assist field experts in the planning and execution of projects and maintenance activities.
The life of a Mechanical Engineering (Co-op) Student includes:
- Identify suitable technologies and vendors to assist in the scope development and repair of implementation plans
- Apply industry standards such as API and ASME to ensure the maintenance, asset integrity, and inspection of tanks and pressure vessels
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to support and drive various aspects of ongoing projects including project scheduling, cost tracking, material acquisition and resource allocation
- Assist in creating and maintaining project documentation, project plans, progress reports and technical documentation
- Coordinate and communicate work scopes with contractors to ensure the successful execution of projects
- Develop Inspection and Repair plans for storage tanks.
- Contribute to planning and development of the inspection program of key assets (tanks, pressure vessels, piping, etc)
- Work with the project, maintenance, asset integrity and operations to review and implement the inspection plan
- Perform on-site visits to assess the condition of equipment and formulate detailed work scopes
For this role, you come equipped with:
- Currently enrolled in a Mechanical Engineering (Co-op) program or related field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven capacity for taking initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
You've been looking for a way to gain practical knowledge in various aspects of Mechanical Engineering, design, and maintenance ...Here it is!
Previous experience in the pulp and paper Industry would "level up" your application.
If you are a motivated and talented student with a high "self-e-steam" click that "apply" button today! #CADS #LI-JD1
The salary range for this position is: $44,000 - $55,500 Please Note:
The range provided is for base salary only. In addition to base salary, Canfor proudly offers its employees a comprehensive and competitive total rewards package. It features programs such as performance-based incentive plans, recognition programs, benefits, paid leaves, pension plans with base and matching contributions, savings options and robust health & well-being initiatives. We also continually invest in the development of our talent to help them thrive professionally and personally. Above all, we are proud to offer our employees a value proposition that promotes diversity, equity and inclusion and fosters an environment where talent and performance is recognized and rewarded. Don't check off every single bullet point?
At Canfor, we prioritize the right fit for our organization over a strict checklist of criteria. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds may not perfectly align. Our people-focused approach prioritizes safety, embraces diversity,
valuing everyone's unique qualities. We believe that inclusion and diversity are crucial for our productivity, creativity, innovation, and competitive edge.
Our recruitment process is fair and equitable, based on qualifications and experience.
We appreciate all candidates' interest but will contact only those selected for interviews. Our hiring for various positions is ongoing and includes different screening processes such as behavioral assessments, references, and criminal record checks, depending on the role and location. Job Segment:
Entry Level Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Paper, Engineer, Inspector, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality