Job Description Summary
Are you looking to use your mechanical engineering experience in a state of art biotech manufacturing facility with spectacular growth? This is a very unique opportunity for engineers that want to grow their technical skills within the largest Canadian biotech company and with a global scope.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will add continuous value as the Subject Matter Expert in mechanical engineering for internal stakeholders in the Facilities and Project Management teams. This is a key role for the company as you will represent STEMCELL with ultimate company design solutions.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in the pursuit of leading-edge engineering solutions for various mechanical facilities systems, including HVAC, fire protection, building automation and control systems.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholder groups to identify, develop and articulate their requirements into varying options for the systems being designed. Make concise and succinct recommendations for stakeholder acceptance.
- Represent STEMCELL as an Owner's Engineer on varying projects and assignments to help define and articulate user group mechanical requirements on projects varying in scope, cost and complexity. ($50K - $100MM).
- Conduct quality reviews throughout the design, construction and commissioning process to ensure best practice design principles are adhered to, design and construction practices meet the requirements of applicable codes and standards to satisfy authority having jurisdiction.
- Support Facilities Projects in the development of mechanical and related scopes of work on small-med projects, including, providing technical support to the facility maintenance and reliability teams. May be required to take lead in the management of consulting engineers/contractors for the safe, reliable and efficient execution of these projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering and P. Eng designation in good standing in the Province of British Columbia.
- 6-10 years mechanical engineering and design experience on major complex building projects - experience with biopharma and/or biotech industry and specifically with cGMP/cGLP design practices is highly desirable.
- Good understanding of LEED v4.0 and ASHRAE standards. Having LEED Certification is a great asset, or being able to acquire within the 12-16months of employment.
- Experience working in different delivery models such as EPC/EPCM, design-build, design-bid-build, etc .Must have an advanced understanding of quality standards relative to mechanical design and planning, engineering fundamentals and principles.
- Strong communication skills and experience in technical writing reports preferred
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!