20636 Position Type:
Prince George, BC, Canada Location:
PG Pulp (BC19) Canfor's strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor.
Technologist, Mechanical Engineer- Pulp The Opportunity:
Canfor is currently looking for an experienced and motivated individual to join our team as a Mechanical Engineer Technologist
Operating in an environment committed to safe and environmentally responsible practices, the Mechanical Engineer/Technologist is responsible for providing technical support to the Maintenance and Production Departments during daily operations, area shutdowns and Turnarounds.
In this role you will enjoy the benefits of a 4 day work week that promotes a healthy work/life balance.Key Responsibilities:
- Analysis and implementation of opportunities for improving safety, productivity, quality and profitability.
- The incumbent will evaluate equipment problems and failures to determine "root cause" with the goal of eliminating future failures by implementing long term corrective measures. These measures include equipment modifications and repairs, preventative maintenance measures, training and standards reviews.
- You will also manage all facets of new construction including major maintenance and capital projects.
- Forward thinking, flexible and resourceful, you can apply your technical insight and analytical abilities to develop novel solutions.
- Equipped with a Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Degree, you are a member of, or eligible to register with APEGBC at least as an Engineer In Training (EIT) (title of Engineer) OR have a related diploma from a Technical college (title Technologist).
- You will also have several years' broad-based experience, ideally including tenure in a modern pulp mill or similar industrial facility.
- Your personal attributes include well developed interpersonal and communication skills, a creative yet pragmatic approach to problem solving and the ability to work in teams.
Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits.Grow with us
At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities.Canfor Values
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbour in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing
the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process
, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant. We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Prince George, BC
Known as BC's Northern Capital, Prince George is city that offers big city comfort and convenience, but small town serenity and sensibilities. As the largest city in northern BC, Prince George is a hub of industry, offering numerous employment opportunities and is home to the University of Northern British Columbia. This region's temperate climate creates a lush environment of emerald-green forests and ample opportunities for outdoor activity. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/prince-george Job Segment:
Engineer, Construction, Mechanical Engineer, Social Media, Paper, Engineering, Marketing, Manufacturing