Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Fortinet has an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer to join our Hardware Department in Burnaby. The ideal candidate is creative and innovative and will be involved with developing network products. You will get to work on mechanical designs for networking and telecom products and create detail component drawings and specs. We are looking for someone who has similar industry experience or that you have IT design experience.
This is a great opportunity to get some hands-on experience and develop your knowledge and skills in network security.
* Work on mechanical designs for networking/telecom products.
* Per requests, plan and create product proposals for new products
* Create detail component drawings and specs
* Source mechanical components and get technical documents from manufacturers
* Prepare Bill Of Materials, ECN and variation notices.
* Drive cost reduction on mechanical components
* Support quality improvement through design improvement
* Per request, act as technical Project Manager and work with a contract manufacturer on join-design project
* Support contract manufacturers
Job Skills Required
* 2+ years networking/telecom product development experience
* 6+ years of mechanical design experience
* 3+ years experience using AutoCad and 3D Solidworks experience
* Must have strong decision making and creative problem-solving skills
* BOM's and ECN Expert: Creating, maintaining and updating.
* Team player and able to work very closely with other departments as required
* Must be self-motivated
* Able to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Project management experience
* Experience in an electronics-manufacturing environment is a plus
* Experience with plastic enclosure design is a plus
* Thermal Simulation experience is a plus
* Thermal design related experience is preferred.
* NEBS Experience is a plus
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and relevant work experience (Master's degree preferred)