Our client is an innovative building materials company located in Greater Vancouver, B.C. with a history of developing innovative and high-quality building products. We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer / Senior Product Manager to join their team.
Mechanical Engineer / Snr Product Manager
Key initiatives include technical education and training strategies for regional dealers, rep agencies and installation companies, that have a direct correlation on market growth and development. Through communication with architects and installation companies, you will identify new technological advancements and develop product improvement strategies.
Working in tandem with the business development team, you will take ownership in providing any technical coordination needed to ensure project success.
- Maintain product standards for all products and identify and develop new products
- Work with Marketing, Sales, Operations and Logistics team to ensure the most accurate technical product information is being disseminated
- Provide technical support needed to manage expectations and create solutions for successful product sales
- Manage budget and schedules pertaining to product development, new products, testing, and dealer & contractor training with a focus on ROI
- Implement technical training programs across the organization
- Monitor, track and resolve any product warranty issues that are identified including some direct communications with architects and contractors
- Identify technical gaps in existing marketing materials and consistent brand standards
- Adhere to installation guidelines and industry best practices
- Work with technical contractors and product specialists as required to address customer requirements.
- Engage with the building science industry; education, seminars, publications and follow industry trends.
- Manage and build an internal product team
- Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- 2 - 3 years experience in the construction, design, and/or development segments of the real estate industry - Must have dealt directly with external customers delivering on project deadlines.
- 2 - 3 years experience in ACM and cladding installation and customer support desired.
- Troubleshooting experience in building envelope and cladding applications.
- Experience with Alucobond, Alpolic, Reynobond, and ACM applications desired.
- Experience with Longboard, and Hardie Board applications desired.
Knowledge & Skills
- Customer Service, pro-activeness and ownership attitude and sense of service to support customers and own their issues until resolution to their satisfaction
- Installation and configuration of ACM and competing cladding applications.
- Ability to analyze, draw conclusions, and create solutions to customer's complex problems
- Knowledge and ability to facilitate product presents using in-person, webinar and other on-line based tools
- Ability to build relationships with peers and management levels both with clients and the company management
- Ability to troubleshoot product applications and design deficiencies based on customer feedback, and integrate solutions into new prototypes and design modifications
Product knowledge - intermediate and advanced levels:
- Construction services
- Architectural and design services
- Knowledge of ACM and competing cladding products and principles
- Apply Scientific rigour, and protect the company from liabilities
For more information please submit your resume to this job posting. All candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada, currently holding citizenship, permanent residence or open work permit
Construction, Mining and Trades Engineering Manufacturing and Production