By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. Kardium is developing a groundbreaking medical device for the minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation, a heart condition that can cause strokes, heart failure and other conditions affecting the quality of life.
As the Mechanical Designer, Intermediate, you will work in a multi-disciplinary environment with other members of the engineering and research teams in the conceptual development, and detailed design of percutaneously delivered medical devices. Your hands-on mechanical design abilities, combined with your well-developed analytical skills, will allow you to succeed as Kardium’s Mechanical Designer.
What you’ll do
- Working collaboratively with the team you will establish design specifications required to meet overall product requirements
- Using your well-developed analytical skills and ability to develop innovative designs, you will present design candidates that meet product requirements
- Leveraging your hands-on skills, particularly involving electro-mechanical systems, you will build proof of concept models to quickly and efficiently verify design ideas
- Applying your strong mechanical aptitude to transform conceptual designs into working prototypes
- Producing prototypes for in-vitro and in-vivo testing using in-house manufacturing capabilities
- Designing and building jigs and fixtures required for production
- Ensuring a smooth transition of design to manufacturing by supporting risk management, verification testing, and training of manufacturing staff
- Contributing to required documentation for outsourcing components as well as regulatory submissions
- Travelling occasionally within and outside North America
What you bring to the team
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about creating cutting-edge medical devices to help improve people’s lives. We work within a collaborative environment based on trust and respect. And we understand that only by working together can we solve the unsolvable. You bring to the team these characteristics, plus:
- A master’s degree in mechanical engineering, or an equivalent mix of education and experience, coupled with minimum 2 years of previous practical engineering experience in a product development environment with some exposure to medical devices
- Previous on the job experience with precision mechanics and a high level of familiarity with machine shop tools, and parametric modelling software (Solidworks)
- Exposure to different manufacturing techniques
- Proven problem-solving abilities and attention to detail while working in a dead-driven environment
- The ability to effectively manage changing priorities and requirements
- Hands-on experience in the design of electro-mechanical systems for measurement and automation is an asset
Why work at Kardium?
We know you are looking for a meaningful career. We can offer you that, and more:
- Every day you know you are making a difference by helping treat a condition that debilitates millions of people worldwide
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge while working with cutting-edge technology
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and growing employees’ careers
- Supportive colleagues and plenty of fun social events to encourage employee interactions
- And our employees think we are great too – check out Glassdoor to learn more
- Location: 155 – 8518 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC V5J 0B6
- Term: Full-time, permenant
- Language proficiency: the ability to read and write English at an advanced level for business purposes
- Annual salary: $70,000 - $85,000, plus benefits
- Contact: email@example.com" target="_blank">firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-248-8891
How to apply
If this position appeals to you, apply today by sending your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com, with the job title “Mechanical Designer“ in the subject line.
Please note, only candidates who are currently legally authorized to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
Thanks in advance for your interest in working at Kardium!