Teck Resources Ltd. Chemical/Process Engineering Co-op Student Locations: Multiple Locations - Elk Valley, BC & Trail, BC Duration: 4 - 12 Months Year of Study: 2nd to 4th Year Closing Date: January 20, 2019Why consider Teck Resources Ltd. for your Co-op Placement?
Teck Resources Ltd. hires more than 100 co-op students each year to work at our various Canadian operations. We offer a diverse range of experiences and relevant work to expand your learning. Teck also offers the chance to live and work in some of the world's most amazing locations where year-round local attractions and recreational choices are unlimited for the outdoor enthusiast! We have world-class mountain biking, skiing, hiking and fly fishing all at your doorstep. We offer a work life balance, with flexible work schedules.
Professional benefits of working as a co-op with Teck Resources Ltd.
- Competitive salary and assistance with travel costs and co-op fees
- A combination of field and office work - opportunity to gain valuable hands-on engineering experience in a challenging and versatile work environment
- Previous co-ops at Teck Resources Ltd. are given first consideration for engineering positions upon graduation
- Students work closely with a group of professional and senior level professionals on site
Successful candidates must be motivated self-starters, able to work under minimal supervision and be able to manage several projects simultaneously. The positions require working outdoors in all weather conditions and the ability to operate 4-wheel drive vehicles in mountainous terrain. You will also be required to have steel-toed boots (which must reach at least above the ankle) before commencing work.
The positions also require strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is necessary, and a working knowledge of PowerPoint, Access and AutoCAD would be advantageous.
All students will be required to complete pre-employment drug testing prior to commencing work.
Teck Resources Ltd co-op students obtain the knowledge and skills required to deal with challenges that may arise at a large-scale mining operation. Our employees are versatile, flexible and well-equipped to handle each project with confidence. At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution. Responsibilities
The Chemical/Process Engineering co-op students are given the opportunity to practice their skills in all aspects of the Processing Department as a member of the technical team. The major responsibilities of a Chemical/Process Engineering co-op student are as follows:
- Involvement in the health and safety programs of Teck Resources Ltd. to ensure that everyone on site goes home safe and healthy every day
- Develop project management skills for large and small projects
- Create root cause analysis document, strategies, and continuous improvement
- Conduct process optimization and evaluation test work
- Be involved in assignments such as: new process development, plant process optimization, quality assurance initiatives, and day-to-day troubleshooting
- Assist with technical problems and feasibility studies
- Conduct laboratory analysis ensuring high quality standards
- Provide support with planning and scheduling various tasks for maintenance shutdown work and monitor progress
- Work with technical team to develop new process development and day to day troubleshooting
- Organize, schedule and control the cost the status of projects
- Coordinate projects relating to plant expansions and modifications
- Assisting project leaders as part of a technical team.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources Job Segment:
Process Engineer, Chemical Research, Engineer, Social Media, Engineering, Marketing, Mining
- Apply Now
- Apply with LinkedIn
- Please wait...