MDA is a world leading provider of earth observation satellite ground systems focused on the acquisition, processing, archiving, and discovery of huge volumes of space-based imagery. Working in cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams in an ever changing world, we deliver leading-edge solutions customers around the globe. Our mission critical systems provide the earth observation infrastructure that drives operational success and enables our customers to effectively utilize their space-based imagery.
Building on 40 years of success in satellite earth observation leadership, project MAUI is developing the next generation of large, complex earth observation satellite ground systems. MAUI is leveraging a microservice architecture, RESTful interfaces, cloud platforms, and an open source technology stack that includes AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, MongoDB, Postgres, Consul, Kafka, ElasticStack, Angular, Cesium, OpenLayers, GeoServer, and NGINX. We are looking for a Software Developer to join the MAUI team starting in January 2019 for eight months. Come be a part of the Agile team bringing imagery from the next generation of satellite constellations to the screens of the world. Responsibilities
- Develop services and batch jobs for our satellite ground systems
- Supporting the automatic build, test and deployment of software, including software containerization, build pipeline, continuous integration roles
- Understanding and implementing against interfaces and API specifications
- Working for & alongside team leads, designers, and architects to implement, unit test and deploy
The successful candidate will gain experience in a variety of areas including:
Experience and Skills Required
- RESTful and other APIs
- Software containerization, build pipelines, continuous integration, agile development
- Earth observation domain
- Improving on soft-skills: Ownership, self/time management, situational awareness, estimation, risk mitigation
Special Comments/ Considerations:
- Experience with and good understanding of software development in a language such as C++ or Java
- Familiarity with Linux and command line interfaces
- Understanding of software version control systems such as git
- Team-friendly attitude and a willingness to learn, be immersed, and to contribute in all stages of the project life cycle
- Excellent problem-solving skills, verbal and written communication skills. Results oriented.
- An interest in working on complex systems that solve real-world problems
- Able to work independently, show progress, take ownership
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python), shell scripting, and/or Docker would be a bonus
Positions are based in Richmond, BC and may include travel.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the NATO Secret level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision-making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: November 13, 2018
Closes: January 12, 2019