Job Description Summary
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for assisting in the preparation and management of the marketing budget, which includes tracking specific marketing expenses for all activities and reporting on any variances. The role is also responsible for marketing material and collateral management, inventory and distribution processes, as well as payment processing.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Directors, Vice President of Marketing, and other stakeholders to assist in the preparation of the marketing budget.
- Track marketing expenses against the current budget and report on any variances.
- Assist in the management and improvement of the yearly marketing budgeting schedule and processes.
- Prepare budget documentation, including summaries, reports and presentations.
- Process all purchases for the Marketing department through collaboration with procurement and finance.
- Support the Sales department with vendor show logistics through printing and shipping Marketing Collateral.
- Manage printed marketing collateral, including production, versioning, inventory and distribution.
- Support the Conference Management Team with conference planning and execution related tasks.
- Additional duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree required, plus minimum of 2 years of related experience, or a combination of education and experience.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong analytical skills and experience with reporting and budgeting as well as data analysis.
- Experience with SAP ERP system is an asset.
- Understanding of basic budgeting concepts.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in both Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Project Management experience would be an asset.
This role requires vaccination against COVID-19 as per the current recommendations by local health authorities, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and where available.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Sales and Marketing