Who You Are…
As a Market Insights Analyst, you will play a key role in the execution of primary and secondary research in order to help inform Hootsuite's go-to-market and product strategies.
You, in collaboration with your team, are responsible for keeping a pulse on our market and competition and its overall dynamics, and be the driving force to help us answer the questions: "Where is the market and our customers going?".
You will work collaboratively, both internally and with vendors to define research objectives, select appropriate research methodologies, and ensure the successful execution of the fieldwork. Upon completion, you will synthesize and deliver business-oriented recommendations to stakeholders with actionable insights and recommendations about our markets and customers.
You should have experience managing market research projects from start to finish, including data analytics. As an ideal candidate, you will have experience translating data into actionable insights that impact the business. Responsibilities...
You're Great At…
- Monitor market trends and provide recommendations for strategic and tactical consideration and implementation
- Manage multiple market research projects at once, within timeline and budgets
- Work closely with line managers in marketing, product and customer facing teams to collect, interpret and share insights from various research projects
- Identify appropriate research methodologies and vendors, perform research and analysis, and work with vendors to generate meaningful insights and recommendations for strategic planning stages of product and go-to-market life cycles
- Consult with regional and campaign teams on media research related topics specific to marketing campaigns
- Deliver insights to stakeholders using impact and influence skills to gain agreement on recommended actions
- 1 to 3 years experience in a market research environment with a strong focus on quantitative research, supplemental qualitative experience considered an asset
- Academic and practical experience with a wide array of product, brand, advertising and customer satisfaction research methodologies
- Research experience, either in-house or agency firm
- Outstanding organisational and project management skills, and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Analytical thinking mindset with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong quantitative research, analytical, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Detail-minded and highly committed to accuracy and completeness of information
- Ability to draw insights and tell a story with data
- Strong interpersonal skill, build relationship, good time management and works well in cross-functional team environment
- Motivated, self-directed and possesses a driven personality capable of working within tight deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent related experience
- 1 to 3 years of social media and/or SaaS/technology experience
- Experience in both B2B research
- You demonstrate global perspective and/or experiences
- You are technology and social media savvy
- You are flexible day to day and can shift priorities quickly
- You have experience conducting competitive analysis
- Mastery of data analysis techniques with Excel/Google Sheets, Tableau, or equivalent and demonstrated experience in statistical modelling and analysis
Hootsuite is an inclusive employer. Every effort will be made to provide accommodations requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.