Job Description Summary
The Manufacturing Technologist is an integral member of the Cleanroom team who will primarily be responsible for performing aseptic filling of media and cell separation culture in their respective final finished presentation. This individual will work collaboratively with STEMCELL's Quality Control, Supply Chain and Quality Assurance departments to effectively produce and deliver high quality regulated and non-regulated products to our customers. The Manufacturing department requires someone who has meticulous care and attention to detail and wishes to grow and thrive within a dynamic and diverse team environment.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, set up and operate Cleanroom manufacturing equipment required in the aseptic processing line.
- Follow written (batch records) procedures to manufacture assigned products maintaining the required quality standard policy.
- Will perform a variety of aseptic processing duties according to the Batch record, but not limited to the aseptic filtration, aseptic fill, preparation of work spaces, inspection of final product and completion of documentation.
- Prioritize workload throughout the day with other team members. Complete work in a timely manner
- Conduct daily monitoring, calibration and routine maintenance of aseptic and manufacturing equipment used
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all processes performed
- Follow all quality assurance (QA) policies and procedures outlined in the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Participate '5S' and Continuous Improvement Projects within Manufacturing
- May be required to manufacture both regulated and non regulated products
- Complete and maintain the required training to work with both regulated and non regulated products
- Remain flexible for shift based work as required to meet business demand
- Technical diploma or BSc in life sciences is required.
- 1-3 years experience in a clean room manufacturing environment, pharmaceutical or the Lab setting, would be an asset
- Strong multi-tasking skills. Completes several concurrent tasks in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic environment, with limited supervision.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent prioritization and follow up skills.
- Ability to be part of a team and communicate effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Physical ability to lift 25 - 30 pounds, requiring manual dexterity and versatility.
- Knowledgeable on quality systems such as ISO 9001, 13485 and cGMP experience a definite asset
- Ability to follow written instructions, standard operating procedures and pre-defined guidelines to execute and perform the functions of the job.
- Shift work and overtime may be required
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Manufacturing and Production