Job Description Summary
The Manufacturing Coordinator, Operations works with the Manufacturing Operations functional groups to address issues as they arise and process and evaluate changes on behalf of the Manufacturing department using change management practices. The position provides the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse team environment.
This is a fixed term maternity leave position (May through to June 2022) with the possibility of an extension.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with each of the Manufacturing groups to understand the processes and procedures they use in day to day operations.
- Responsible for gathering information and user stories to address issues and identify points for improvement.
- Responsible for communicating changes to impacted groups.
- Responsible for the intake, organization and review of internal manufacturing change requests.
- Assists change management designates from each manufacturing group in the setup and submission of changes.
- Assists in investigating and responding to inquiries from other departments regarding changes and process improvements.
- Identify and propose continuous improvement opportunities to improve operational efficiencies and reduce waste.
- Bachelors of Science (Chemistry, Biology or Life sciences related).
- Knowledge of ERP systems is desirable (e.g. DDMRP, MRP/SAP).
- Experience in change management and quality oversight.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in the Biotech/Biopharma industry.
- High level of fluency with word-processing and spreadsheets.
- Experience with or high level knowledge in root cause analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management and team skills.
- Logic based mindset (experience in programming an asset).
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Manufacturing and Production