Job Description Summary
The Manufacturing Operations Scheduling Associate is responsible for constructing schedules for manufacturing groups, ensuring raw material accuracy and availability, and monitoring the production process orders. The Manufacturing Operations Scheduling Associate proactively identifies continuous improvement opportunities to improve operational efficiencies and reduce waste. This position performs troubleshooting and analysis of pending orders and is responsible for the scheduling of a functional group.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Create the manufacturing schedules based on Corporate priorities.
- Responsible for tasks associated with completion of Work Orders including, but not limited to, releasing, printing, performing transactions and reviewing.
- Printing, reviewing and approving documentation used in production while ensuring it meets all of the regulatory and quality standards required.
- Responsible for reviewing raw material availability and requesting raw material transfers.
- Assists the Inventory team as needed to prepare daily raw material inventory according the manufacturing schedule.
- Responsible for performing accurate inventory transactions in ERP system.
- Troubleshooting and analysis of errors or issues within the scheduling process.
- Reviewing and monitoring the flow of orders and overall backlog and capacity.
- Ownership and responsibility for maintaining scheduling practices within a functional area.
- Identify and propose continuous improvement opportunities to improve operational efficiencies and reduce waste.
- Secondary School Graduation with 4-8 years relevant work experience or Post Secondary Certificate or Diploma with 2-5 years prior relevant work experience or BSc with little to no prior relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Operational systems is desirable (e.g. DDMRP, MRP/SAP).
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in the Biotech/Biopharma industry.
- In-depth knowledge in word-processing and spreadsheets.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management and team skills.
- Experience in scheduling an asset.
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Manufacturing and Production