WHO ARE WE?
Mustang Survival has been solving real problems for real heroes on the water, and delivering confidence for over 50 years. Headquartered in British Columbia, Canada, the Mustang Survival Waterlife Studio is a stone’s throw from the water’s edge. We are surrounded by fresh water, a big ocean, and all the weather the Pacific Northwest can throw at us. Our HQ houses a lab to test human physiology and material properties, a product creation shop to craft product concepts, a testing pool to evaluate new ideas (not to mention we are right beside the mighty Fraser River and Pacific Ocean for real-world testing), and a full manufacturing center to carefully craft our marine gear. We are a collective group of people so obsessed with every detail that we control every facet of the product experience and challenge the status quo of how marine gear is designed and built.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our production team in Burnaby, BC. You will be responsible for formulating, implementing, and managing the design and control of manufacturing systems to ensure that Mustang Survival delivers high quality products to market.
- Collaborate with project team to launch seasonal, military and short-term products.
- Support continuous improvement projects to increase production capacity and quality
- Support issue management and problem solving
- Establish labor standards through methods analysis and time studies.
- Work in a highly cross-functional team environment involving manufacturing and product development, production, quality, supply chain, marketing, sale, and finance team.
- Develops work instructions, drawings, tests, modifications, assembly processes, fixtures, processes or specialized manufacturing, test equipment for existing or new products and ensure production readiness.
- Prepare and maintain manufacturing documentation such as BOL, tooling and work instruction
- Assist and Lead in development on testing and validating the new product, process and system
- Work closely with contract electrician and machine shop to build test or assembly fixture for production
- Support and Drive Lean manufacturing and 5S Initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering relative with a focus in mechanical, mechatronics, electrical, or equivalent as preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of exposure to a manufacturing environment
- Member (or eligible to be a member) of Engineers and Geoscientists of B.C. (EGBC)
- Experience with technical writing of process documents.
- Proficient in 2D and 3D model design using Solidworks and AutoCAD.
- Enjoy hands-on work with machines and tools
- Analytical and proven track record of problem solving
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- A Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects with minimum guidance
- Strong written & verbal communication skills to generate process instructions and reports
- Able to interpret and produce basic mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Willing to travel oversea to support outsourcers on new product introduction
- Experience in garment manufacturing is an asset
- The ability to speak Mandarin or Cantonese is an asset
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing knowledge and experience is an asset
- Experience with New Production Introduction (NPI) is an asset
For more information, please visit http://www.mustangsurvival.com
Engineering Manufacturing and Production Sports and Recreation