We're looking for a Manager, Workforce Management (WFM) Operations who will be accountable for the overall design, implementation and delivery of the WFM practice for Hootsuite's Global Customer Support team. Reporting into the Senior Director, Customer Support, you will work closely with the Customer Support Operational leaders and provide leadership and expertise in all aspects of WFM including strategic workforce planning, as well as forecasting, capacity planning, scheduling, real-time management, reporting and analytics and change management. While based in Hootsuite's Vancouver office (post COVID-19), you will report to Senior Director, Customer Support. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Design, develop and lead the strategic workforce management plan/models/tools including implementation roadmap and execution to support the global Customer Support initiatives
- Manage and oversee all components of the required Customer Support performance reporting discipline including data analysis, data visualization/presentation and data integration strategies partnering with the corporate data/business insights team as defined
- Synthesize quantitative data into actionable recommendations and partner with the business leaders to review performance, forecast accuracy and productivity to inform decisions/plans as necessary to mitigate risk and optimize customer support performance and maximize resource utilization
- Manage and develop a high performing team of Analysts to drive daily performance for business status, reports and key performance metrics, reviewing daily for trends and potential problems at a global level
- Lead the workforce management team to gather, analyze, and process all relevant data to enable and build optimized schedules, operational scorecards, accurate forecasts, capacity planning and financial forecasts
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with cross functional stakeholder teams to promote and provide awareness of WFM framework and to inform strategic business intelligence reporting to executives and upper management for strategy discussions
- Demonstrate, train and articulate understanding of key workforce management concepts as related to demand forecasting, headcount capacity planning and utilization, scheduling, intraday/real time monitoring, skilling, and performance improvement to Customer Support team members of varying experience and ability
- Constantly review existing WFM processes/metrics and research/scope out requirements for new ones to drive improvements, automations or enhancements
WHO YOU ARE:
- Long standing experience in workforce management, support operations, statistical expertise and people management ideally in a complex global SaaS environment; proven experience in developing and designing forecasting/planning and analytical models
- Advanced experience using various WFM, Support Operations and reporting tools and technology [Zendesk, JiRA, Salesforce, Tableau, WorkDay]; advanced/expert level of experience with Google Sheets and/or Microsoft Excel skills if you prefer a PC with the ability to enable data conversion to meet the business needs quickly and efficiently
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
- Priority Setting: focuses time/energy on the most important issues/opportunities. Clearly understand how to assess the importance of tasks and decisions
- Courage: steps up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Process/Project Management: skilled at figuring out and managing the processes and timelines necessary to get work accomplished
- Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals.
- Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work.
- Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision.
- Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities.
- Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Customer Service and Support