Finning Canada Number of Openings:
The position of Manger, Transportation, Vendor and Performance is responsible to develop and maintain world class "partner of choice" level relationships and create visibility into departmental performance.
This role is responsible for the development of a vendor management strategy and program that supports Finning's segmented supply chain and cost saving strategies and initiatives.
Development and maintenance of best practices within the transportation related systems to support effective and efficient use of the tools while sustaining high data quality will be critical to support visibility goals.Job Description: Vendor Management (45%)
- Develop vendor management program and rationalize vendor base to reach "vendor of choice" goals and support cost savings targets
- Manage overall vendor performance and accountability through a standardized meeting cadence with an emphasis on SLA's.
- Solicit feedback from cross functional partners and customers to develop inclusive view of performance
- Partner with procurement to drive RFP process forward and bring to conclusion.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes that leverage our systems and tools to continually enhance visibility and transparency across the network and directly supports departmental KPI and reporting capabilities
- Partner with the Manager, Transportation, Operations, to optimize transportation network by closely analyzing vendor base, costs, and overall performance.
- Update Service Agreement to include areas such as safety
- Seeks opportunities to automate manually repetitive processing tasks.
- Business lead for transportation systems implementations or enhancements to ensure best practice processes are used to improve productivity, streamline and improve workflow efficiency and enhance data quality and integrity.
- Aggregate all departmental reporting requirements to ensure appropriate data elements are incorporated into transportation systems best practice processes to facilitate development of reporting and KPI's.
- Partner cross functionally and lead the development of a single source of truth reporting and KPI's to measure departmental and vendor performance
- Analyze results and uncover opportunities that will be the basis of future initiatives.
Education & Experience:
- Set the direction for the Transportation, Vendor and Performance team, providing guidance and mentorship to employees, and taking responsibility for overall team performance.
- Coach, train, mentor and develop a team. Actively map out career development plans for their personal and the team success.
- Build highly effective relationships with business partners and suppliers to provide a reliable, responsive, and cost-efficient supply chain which supports Finning's best in class initiatives.
- Partner and collaborate with other business functions to support strategic and cross functional initiatives.
- Partner and collaborate with entire Transportation and Trade Compliance team to further and deliver department initiatives
- Partner with Caterpillar to maintain strong business relationships through partnership on best practices.
- Post-secondary education in transportation or logistics
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management
- Professional certifications are considered an asset (transportation, international trade or export controls)
- Minimum 5 years of experience:
- Leading, managing and mentoring a high-performance team in a diverse, multidimensional and progressive organization.
- Proven success with cross-functional leadership and change management.
- Managing transportation of heavy machinery, parts distribution networks, projects and reverse logistics.
- In International trade, utilizing freight forwarders and involving multi modal transportation, TL, LTL, FCL, LCL, parcel, air freight, letters of credit, cargo insurance and incoterms.
- Implementation of TMS would be an asset.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.