WSP is currently seeking an experienced manager to join our Climate Change, Resilience and Sustainability team as a Manager of our Sustainability team. Ideally, the successful candidate will have a background in sustainable buildings or infrastructure with at least 10+ years of related experience.
Reporting to the Director of Climate Change, Resilience and Sustainability, this role is responsible for managing the national sustainability team. The sustainability team at WSP works on a wide range of built environment projects across Canada for clients in real estate, healthcare, government, and other sectors. The projects will range in type, size and complexity, and the successful candidate will also be able to work on these projects as a senior resource.
WSP's Sustainability team is one of the most established teams in Canada. We have been providing services to our clients in the real property industry for decades. Our team is focussed specifically on supporting client and technical teams to establish and achieve their sustainability goals. We consultant across a several sustainability rating systems including LEED, Envision, Fitwel and WELL. We also provide custom strategies and detailed life cycle assessments specifically focussed on embodied carbon impacts.
A day in the Life:
- You will get to create an environment that builds on peoples' strengths.
- You will support team leads and / or take on team lead responsibilities including:
- Employee engagement and support
- Resource management (assigning new projects, team capacity, hiring etc.)
- Supporting employees to prioritize and organize their work to meet utilization targets and project commitments.
- Supporting employees on careering development and performance, including team mentorship.
- Support team in developing strong connections, team dynamics and high performance culture while helping them resolve differences or conflicts.
- Participate in human resources activities throughout the year, including annual performance and salary reviews, monitoring of training compliance, reviewing employee pulse check survey results and developing actions plans, hiring and recruitment process, and employee onboarding and offboarding.
- Working with the Sustainability Operations Coordinator, support the financial success of the team by monitoring financial results and working to implement changes or improvements to achieve desired financial results.
- Communicate company policies and mandates as provided by leadership or elsewhere to sustainability team and oversee their application if necessary.
- Collaborate across all of Climate Change, Resilience and Sustainability team and the wider WSP team.
- Inspire team commitment to our Company Guiding Principles and Vision.
- Ideally, you will also contribute to project delivery and proposal development as a Project Director or senior team member, ensuring that project activities are designed and delivered to achieve the client's expectations while protecting company liability and enhancing our market reputation.
- Participate in business development activities to support growth of sustainability team and strengthen client relationships.
What You'll Bring to WSP:
- Diploma or bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical or Building Systems Engineering, or Building Sustainability an asset.
- Proven experience, providing team leadership and management and ideally in a similar industry.
- Ideally 10+ Years' of experience in the industry.
- Previous experience working on sustainable development projects including design, construction or project management of new development projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse teams and with multiple priorities.
- Effective delegation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Expected Salary : $135.000 - $165,000
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.