October 4, 2021
Want to make a difference? We are embarking on a technological journey that will change mining forever! Join a fast paced, high energy, and dynamic team that is modernizing coal mining for the future.
Find out more about RACE21™ on our website !
Reporting to the Program Manager, Renew Operational Systems, the Manager, Sustainability Technology Delivery is responsible for supporting Teck's business transformation program - RACE21™. In this role, you will develop and deliver of a portfolio of Health, Safety and Environmental operational technology enabled improvement projects across Teck operations, globally. Projects may involve real-time water and tailings monitoring, gas or particulate monitoring, mobile equipment proximity detection and collision avoidance, or a multitude of other technology enabled business solutions, which are often combined with RACE21™ applications of digital product development, advanced analytics, and machine learning to generate further value.
To be successful, we are looking for a collaborative team player with excellent communication, interpersonal, influencing, and negotiating skills who can build and maintain lasting relationships across varying departments of the organization and with business partners, strategic suppliers, and other communities of interest; someone who also has strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities. This role requires the ability to remain versatile and work with a high degree of autonomy in a fast-paced environment, characterized by change and ambiguity. Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills including the ability to empower, coach and mentor others are vital for this role.
This is an exciting opportunity that will land you at the forefront of industry innovation and provide an opportunity to collaborate with cross-functional teams in Teck. You will work with cutting edge digital technologies as a part of a high-performing team. Teck is a world-class leader in sustainability and safety; we are building a better world with lasting competitive advantages, from 2021 and beyond! Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Manage the development and sustainable delivery of a sophisticated portfolio of integrated off-the-shelf and custom-developed operational technology projects across Teck operations globally
- Manage project budgets, forecasts, and allocation of resources between projects within the portfolio
- Lead the development of technology strategy and roadmap development within assigned business and technology domains
- Build and manage a robust team of contract technology professionals, and establish partnerships with strategic suppliers to meet delivery and sustainment objectives
- Develop and maintain relationships across all Teck operations and corporate offices leveraging contacts to facilitate alignment of project objectives with RACE21 program strategy and overall objectives
- Improve delivery efficiency and effectiveness via continuous monitoring of core metrics, Key Performance Indicators, and other critical success factors
- Apply organizational change management and management of change techniques to maximize adoption of new technologies while minimizing the risk created by change to industrial environments
- Work with sustainment teams to develop and execute operational readiness plans ensuring effective transitions to operations
- Support purchasing teams in negotiating for products and services
- Bachelor's or post-graduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other relevant area of study
- Minimum ten years of progressively senior level experience delivering and supporting technology, ideally within industrial organizations
- Experience leading and mentoring a team
- Strong knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental business processes and associated technologies
- Working understanding of systems architecture, design thinking, systems integration, cyber-security, Internet of Things technologies and industrial control systems
- Excellent program and project management skills and solid understanding of business analysis techniques
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources. Job Segment:
Information Technology, IT Manager, Engineer, Gas, Gas Technician, Technology, Engineering, Energy