The Ballard Strategic Management Office (SMO) is seeking a talented Manager, Strategic Initiative Insights.
The Manager, Strategic Initiative Insights a results-oriented professional with high standards that exhibits excellent judgment, and thinks strategically, staying on top of tactical execution.
The selected candidate will be a strong player-coach, supporting individual strategic initiative owners in developing strategic initiatives, solve high-visibility problems affecting the SMO's operations; deliberating and providing recommendations to resolve roadblocks and trade-offs. This is a critical role in the SMO team that leverages content knowledge to address strategic initiative roadblocks.Responsibilities
- Thought partner to the SMO, Strategic Initiative Owners & Executive Sponsors to solve high-visibility problems
- Is a sounding board for the SMO Director in preparation for Executive Team (ET) and other leadership presentations
- In conditions of trade-off between multiple initiatives, produce scenario analysis and recommendations to the ET for decision making
- In reviewing stage-gate progression of every initiative, provide non-binding suggestions or recommendations to SMO Director and Executive Sponsor
- Lead weekly Nerve Center meetings to help with problem-solving
- Continuously identify strategic initiatives roadblocks or delays, define actions needed to unblock and follow up to ensure "course correction" problem solving as needed to "get the cash"
- Populate and track strategic initiative specific risk in the open items & risk register
- Own the production of core weekly SMO Office documents (e.g., open items & risk register)
- Hold appropriate individuals accountable for the resolution of the risk through the development and execution of mitigants
- Effectively utilizes a "challenger" mindset to breakdown roadblocks/delays, align on decisions, and coordinate the solution between the SMO and strategic initiatives
- Break down organizational barriers to collaboration to ensure maximum value delivered; facilitate meetings between inter-dependent initiatives where necessary
- Challenge the pace of initiatives where acceleration with given resources is possible; challenge usage of resources (under or over utilization)
- Acts as the first point of contact for Initiative Leads in need of help driving Initiatives forward (coaching, not actively doing)
- Supports initiative teams to build the capabilities of initiative owners and others in the business
- 8+ years of work experience in one or more of: business strategy, strategic management, management consulting or business operations.
- MBA or similar degree in a related field
- Ability to quickly understand business concepts and use data to influence business decision making
- Experience extracting, analyzing, summarizing, and communicating data.
- Passion for complex problems combining qualitative, qualitative and human factors
- Have worked in a fast paced, changing environment and willing to take initiative
- Eagerness to learn, flexibility to pivot when needed, savviness to navigate and thrive in a dynamic environment, and a growth mindset needed to build and maintain a successful strategic execution performance
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and project management with ability to work effectively with key stakeholders across multiple teams and functions
- Demonstrated critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems
- Ability to think creatively, solve complex problems, determine innovative solutions and communicate with impact
- Superior communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills that allow you to thrive in a team environment
- Comfortable presenting ideas and information to senior leadership
Listen & Deliver | Quality. Always. | Inspire Excellent | Row Together | Own It
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
Banking, Finance and Insurance