Move, Inc. is the developer and operator of Realtor.com®, a leading destination used by millions of customers to discover and create their perfect home. Realtor.com® was named the fastest growing online real estate destination in 2015, according to comScore, an independent analytics provider. We have more than 55 million customers leveraging our products every month and our user base grew more than 25% last year. We have the most comprehensive and accurate coverage of real estate listings, the most engaged users across all real estate online portals, and top rated mobile applications at the cutting edge of mobile revolution.
Housing is one of the most important emotional and financial decisions for most customers. As part of Move you will enable our customers to make their housing related decisions with access to best data and experience possible. We offer a startup-like fast moving culture, coupled with the financial stability of grown company. You will engage with some of the best and the brightest coworkers and leaders, learn and contribute, and have a great time. We work hard and play hard. We reward passion for innovation, creativity and quality.
If you enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic, cutting-edge work environment and desire to make a significant contribution to the business and to the customers, then make the Move!The Role
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a skilled, highly motivated, and self-driven Manager, Software Engineering (MSE) to join our Technology team in Richmond, BC. In this position you will manage and lead Scrum teams composed of talented Software Engineers in building out real estate professional products and experiences for the huge base of Realtor.com customers.
The MSE is a key technical influencer and contributor though all stages of the software development lifecycle. You will be able to make an impact, leveraging your highly developed leadership and collaboration abilities to deliver on broad cross-organization initiatives, producing industry-leading solutions. You will be a partner with other stakeholders in designing the best solution for our customers.Job ResponsibilitiesProduct Delivery
- The MSE is responsible for their team's delivery of value to our customers through Agile incremental implementation and delivery of ranked user stories with high quality.
- The MSE collaborates with Product Management on effective future product release and roadmap planning to produce a product that best meets customer and organizational needs.
- Collaborate with the technical leads and architects to define a technical roadmap and maintain the overall architectural integrity of the Move products.
- Ensure that the development and architectural approach adheres to the overall direction of our product technology roadmap.
- Provide guidance on AWS governance and cost control, own source code management policies, and advocate for a strong DevOps mentality.
- The MSE is hands-on with high-level design, and should be experienced with best practices and design patterns, as well as fluent with a variety of programming languages.
- The MSE is responsible for the timely resolution of any and all production issues under their ownership.
- As part of a product release, work with Product Management and Go-To-Market to conduct the appropriate level of product knowledge transfer to our Customer Care organization to better serve our customers.
- The MSE is conversant in the Customer perspective and is customer focused in the decision making process on product planning and development as well as the resolution of issues.
- The MSE is responsible for the management of a strong engineering team operating in an Agile methodology.
- Organizing, delegating, and facilitating the teams towards completion of product implementation with the resulting product meeting the acceptance criteria and quality levels required.
- Elimination of obstacles in the way of the engineering teams through effective planning and open communication with all project stakeholders.
- Constructing and maintaining an environment of integrity, trust, high quality, and constant improvement.
- Motivating the team and enthusiastically rallying them around delivering against a wide variety of organizational initiatives.
- Long-term resource planning, performance reviews and compensation input, and professional development.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in leading software engineering teams in a technology company
- Full-stack design and development of web clients and services
- Hiring practices and ability to hire and develop strong, collaborative engineering teams
- Industry best practices and tools used in high-quality product development
- Extensive experience with Multi-Tier, Services, and Web based testing techniques, and developing for the cloud
- Building large complex applications and highly scalable and performant cloud services is highly desirable
- Influencing an organization to adopt best practices and tools that enable them
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated in dealing with colleagues, direct reports, and customers
- Dockerization and cloud computing, especially AWS, are assets
- You are passionate about creating world-class experiences with customer focus
- You have a passion for learning, continuous improvement, sharing, and working in a team environment
- You take pride in delivering clean, quality code, but can balance this with business practicality
- You hold a point of view, aren't afraid to challenge assumptions, but are humble enough to recognize when you are mistaken
Posted: November 13, 2018
Closes: January 12, 2019