Manager, Research and Insights
Location: Hybrid - Vancouver, BC, CA
Job Function: Enterprise Business Intelligence BCLC exists to generate win-wins for the greater good. For our people, our players, our province, and our planet. Lottery | Casino | Sports Being a social purpose company, we are not only able to better align our business decisions with our purpose, but more importantly, we are committing to doing our part in creating a better world. We generate win-wins by asking our employees, partners, and government stakeholders to continually evaluate the impacts of all activities and decisions on individuals, institutions, communities and the planet. Motivated and guided by our social purpose, everything we do must benefit the greater good.
We want you to be where you feel you can do your best work. This job can be done remotely or hybrid providing you reside in Vancouver, BC
This is a 12 Month, Full Time opportunity
Expected Salary Range: $101,122.00 - $126,403.00 - $158,003.00
Our typical hiring range will be +/- 10% of the midpoint shown above
Factors influencing this decision include qualifications and market conditions for the role The Company
For over three decades, BCLC has delivered exceptional gambling entertainment for British Columbians. We continue to revolutionize gambling entertainment through engaging experiences that build and benefit communities. We operate national and provincial lotteries in partnership with 3500 retail partners, provide the games, technology & oversight to 37 brick & mortar casinos, and operate a safe secure and 100% legal online gambling presence PlayNow.com. In our recently completed fiscal year, BCLC generated a record $1.636 billion in net income to the Province of B.C. to support First Nations, local host governments, health care, education and community programs across the province. Job Summary:
The Manager, Research & Insights leads the Enterprise Research & Insights team, overseeing quantitative and qualitative research, and the implementation of research practices that are in alignment with BCLC's vision and strategies. The role and Research & Insights Team sits within the broader Player Experience and Strategic Development (PX&SD)Team, comprising of other customer experience disciplines, which understand, measure, design, deliver and operate player experiences that align with BCLC's strategic direction and support key initiatives for the enterprise. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Manages overall work and provides leadership to the Research & Insights Team, overseeing quantitative and qualitative research as required for the designated client-focused business area.
- Oversees adoption and implementation of best research practices and solutions in support of the PX Interaction operating model and BCLC's vision and strategies, and leads recommendations to improve processes in research area.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) to the business providing recommendations on PX&SD initiatives. Advises leaders on the identification of drivers and actions that foster a customer-centric culture with proven thought leadership from the research industry
- Contributes to the development of PX&SD strategies that promote the enhancement of customer understanding throughout the organization. Develops strategies to integrate Research & Insights into operating models, client management and insight delivery.
- Oversees the development and implementation of Research & Insights business plans that align with the business units' strategic direction and support key initiatives for the enterprise.
- Develops, maintains and manages high profile partnerships and/or collaborative working relationships with a wide variety of internal clients including senior leaders; oversees collaboration between Research team and other client management PX&SD teams.
- Develops and manages Research & Insights operational budgets in collaboration with the PX&SD team; presents business cases for capital expenditures or high risk financial decisions.
- Leads Research & Insights team in vendor management and monitoring of the execution of service level agreements.
- Oversees vendor and external partner relationships and performance standards to insights and updates to senior leadership.
Education and Experience
- University degree in business, computer science, marketing or a relevant discipline;
- 5-7 years relevant experience in research and business intelligence/business analytics role, including progressive experience in a leadership capacity;
- Experience in championing industry thought leadership within previous organizations;
- Experience in the gaming industry and/or vendor-side research would be an asset;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
What's in it for you
- Advanced knowledge of research, BI and reporting tools;
- Ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations;
- Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately to different audiences;
- Excellent strategic thinking skills;
- Demonstrated experience in managing and delivering Research & Insights projects across different lines of business, providing product performance measurement and data-driven recommendations that influence the course of the business initiatives and drive insights;
- Excellent team building and leadership skills, and proven ability to motivate, coach and develop;
- Solid experience understanding business needs, assessing the best tools to support them and delivering solutions;
- Demonstrated experience in developing the strategic design of a set of management reports and their presentation to a variety of audiences;
- Ability to communicate strategic direction into a detailed plan of action and the details of complex processes succinctly to a non-technical audience.
However you identify, or whatever your path in life, if you see something here that makes you excited to get to work every day, please apply. We hire people for skills, capabilities and potential, not just education and experience. We value Respect, Integrity and Community, and we provide an inclusive environment where everyone can feel like they belong . Our social purpose is much more than returning 100% of net income to the province in the form of healthcare & education programs, and community gaming grants. Check it out ! Did you know BCLC is an industry leader in player health & responsible gambling? Find out more ! We are trained in neurodivergent hiring. If you require accommodation so you can be at your best in the interview, please let us know: email@example.com . All candidates must be at least 19 years of age and legally eligible to work in Canada
- Robust wellness programs to enhance your physical, mental, social, financial and career well being
- We pride ourselves on our work-life integration and our 37.5 hour work week.
- Our Play It Forward program provides volunteer hours for our people each year
- See all our rewards here