As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Planning and Delivery, the Program Manager has direct responsibility for the provision, development and implementation of strategic and tactical initiatives in support of a shared Technology Services solution within healthcare across the province including the supervision of staff and the development and continuous improvement of technology service business processes and practices. Responsible for the day-to-day operations and successful implementation of devices (e.g. laptops, desktops, mobile, print, workstation-on-wheels, kiosks, etc.) within Information Management Information Technology Services (IMITS). Ensures consistency of services and solutions with healthcare strategy and provincial efforts in order to maximize alignment.
These projects involve development, implementation and monitoring of practices, procedures and systems leading to the enhanced integration of services, better service delivery, development of new programs, and the delivery of cost-efficiencies. The Program Manager provides leadership in the development and implementation of detailed project charters and plans, decision support, and the assessment of the climate for change. Leads others toward the achievement of project and operational goals through effectively communicating the vision, coordinating resources, advancing priorities, and promoting collaboration and commitment of key stakeholders. The Program Manager supports project teams, ensuring that projects / initiatives and day-to-day operations are implemented on budget and schedule within the agreed upon scope, and meet stakeholder satisfaction targets. Interfaces with Health Authority (HA) clients and technical resources in order to deliver desktop / device infrastructure projects within health care primarily across Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), Providence (PHC) and Provincial Health Services (PHSA).What you'll do
- Provides leadership and oversight of the day-to-day operations for the Planning and Delivery team to drive operational excellence and ensure alignment with IMITS Technology Services goals and operating plans. Conducts an analysis of the current situation and the future requirements of the program portfolio, sets specific goals and objectives aligned to the overall strategic direction of Technology Services (TS), and determines priorities for planning and implementing strategies in collaboration with the Technology Services Leadership, key partners and stakeholders.
- Develops strong working partnership and works collaboratively with business, clinical stakeholders, and other teams to develop business cases, briefing notes and program related documentation.
- Provides leadership and guidance to assigned staff using effective management techniques (for example, coaching, mentoring, delegating, building teams and managing performance) to support the achievement of required outcomes and to ensure that staff members are achieving a level of performance that meets the highest standards within their areas of function. Fosters a positive working environment including seeking opportunities to reward and recognize team and individual contributions, listening to the team's concerns and enabling decision-making at the front line.
- Evaluates individual and team performance in collaboration with appropriate stakeholders and peer staff ensuring probationary and annual reviews are completed for assigned staff. Handles grievances and investigates work and staff issues and initiates disciplinary action up to and including terminations.
- Prepares and manages the annual operating budget for designated services, monitors variances and develops and executes corrective actions.
What you bring
- Develops and continuously improves existing and new technology service processes and methods.
- Develops effective partnerships with stakeholders including healthcare service providers, vendors and outside contractors aligned with established service level agreements (SLAs).
- Actively manages to optimize resource utilization and service quality. Develops and uses metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to identify performance issues or other variances, develops and implements strategies to address and to improve performance.
- Engages other teams across PHSA and HA stakeholder groups and partner organizations from project initiation stage to project close out in order to provide seamless customer service, challenging the status quo.
- Manages in scope software license compliance, ensures timely response to requests to support ongoing TRP program delivery and net new software licensing requests / upgrades. Has responsibility for the procurement of necessary hardware, software and services to deliver day-to-day operations and/or project(s).
- Leads the development and implementation of innovative and creative approaches, opportunities, initiatives and projects for delivery of high quality, value added and efficient services, to support the long term strategies and to ensure alignment with the IMITS TS and PHSA overall strategic, goals and operating plans.
- Promotes effective program and project management including frameworks, best practices guides, templates, communication plans, establishing objectives, collaboration with stakeholders, engagement of appropriate resources, facilitation of project activities, progress monitoring, problem resolution, and recommendations to senior leadership team.
- Conducts and participates in planning sessions with senior management and assigned staff in order to align work objectives with departmental and corporate strategies.
- Manages resources effectively by identifying efficiencies and best practices for the area of responsibility; focusing on industry best practices and continuous improvement.
What we bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a degree in Project Management, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Business or a related field, plus seven (7) years recent related experience in large, complex, multi-site organizations, including a minimum of five (5) years in a progressively responsible leadership role.
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills and proven experience managing and coaching teams for high performance.
- Customer focused with ability to facilitate and encourage cooperation between diverse operational groups and skill sets.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, results-oriented and able to motivate others.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and to promote teamwork both virtually and locally.
- Critical thinking skills and proven ability to effectively manage human and fiscal resources.
- Sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of quality assurance process, operational planning and program development.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to work in an environment in transition and act as an agent of change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, accompanied by proven presentation skills in a corporate setting.
- Proven technology background with a solid understanding of infrastructure and technology frameworks, such as Project Management (PMP), Change Management (PROSCI) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Proficient computer skills using MS Office tools including MS Project.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
1795 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby BC V5C 6E3
Hours of Work:
121735EWhat we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.