Senior Electrical Engineering opportunity focusing on design of traffic signals, street lighting, ITS and more
Your new company
Established engineering consulting company specializing in the design of: Roadway Lighting, Traffic Systems, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), Fibre Optics, Power Distribution and PLC designs for water, letter, and other municipal systems. They have multiple offices in Western Canada. This large consultancy provide an environment for employees that enables them to perform to their highest potential, is respectful, and provides opportunities for their professional growth.
- Technical leader on roadway and area lighting, traffic signals, ITS and fibre network design projects.
- Provide mentorship, direction and oversight to intermediate and junior engineers, technologists and designer/CAD staff.
- Review and perform quality control checks for drawings and deliverables.
- Review and sign off on design drawings, cost estimates and other technical documentation.
- Oversee the preparation of tender documents and specifications.
- Oversee the provision of construction services.
- Coordinate field reviews and the preparation of record drawings.
- Liaise with clients, project managers, and stakeholders as necessary.
- Perform project management functions including preparation of cost estimates, budgets, schedules, design reports, peer reviews.
- Keep abreast of best practices and the latest technology in the transportation industry.
- Prepare proposals and quotations.
- Undertake business development activities including marketing, attendance at conferences, seminars, etc.
- Perform other related tasks based on individual project or business requirements.
What You'll Need:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited school.
- Certification as a Professional Engineer with EGBC.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience is required.
- Experience with the operation and design of street lighting, traffic control systems, ITS, and communication systems.
- Strong understanding of transportation electrical systems and engineering fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of analysis tools such as AGi32.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Revit, MicroStation and Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, etc. is required.
- Ability to lead professionals, technical staff, and administrative personnel to deliver projects and services
- Ability to interact with a range of personalities and styles to establish effective relationships at all levels
- An adequate level of comfort to successfully undertake business development activities.
- Valid Class 5 Motor Vehicle Operator's License
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- The candidate should be a self-starter, highly motivated and a team player with the ability to work on a variety of simultaneous goals and issues.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV , or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.