We are looking for an experienced and highly capable people manager to challenge and support our exceptional team of recruiters who are driving all of our Go-to-Market recruiting operations in our North American locations (Vancouver, Toronto, and US remote). This recruiting portfolio consists of Revenue, Pre-Sales, Post Sales, Marketing, and Corporate (Finance, HR, Legal) divisions, and your team will be responsible for sourcing and qualifying talented and diverse candidates to fill any and all open position requirements that come up throughout the year.
In this role, you will have 5-6 direct reports across offices in Vancouver and Toronto, and you will be responsible for removing roadblocks and coaching and developing your people along their career path journey at Hootsuite. We are looking for someone who values being open, transparent, understanding while pushing progress, speed, and high quality of delivery for all of our candidates, hiring managers, and stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with constant change, be passionate about learning and development, and will be the pillar of stability and confidence for their team. You should be someone who wants to be apart of a company that is building and growing in a highly agile and ever changing SaaS/Martech space.
In this role you will report to the Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition, and be a part of the global talent leadership team where you will help build and influence global team learning, development, strategy, process, and delivery. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone looking to be challenged and grow their leadership capacity quickly. The ideal location is Vancouver, but we are open to the candidate being based in our downtown Toronto offices or relocating to our Vancouver HQ from a domestic or international location. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Deliver feedback, guidance, coaching, and hold accountable your direct reports within the framework of our Hootsuite leadership philosophy
- Encourage the values that promote a high performing, collaborative, successful, and inclusive team
- Partner with the Senior Director, Talent Acquisition to build a sourcing, recruiting, candidate experience, communication, and employer brand strategies for the Go-to-Market business units across multiple NA locations
- Help develop and implement the appropriate initiatives to scale the recruiting function in a way where we see significant improvements in talent acquisition processes, quality of hire delivery, candidate experience, and our diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Assist in the building of broader strategies and initiatives for all global teams rolling up to the Senior Director, Talent Acquisition (which include Recruiting, Employer Brand, Talent Operations, and HR Analytics) by partnering with other regional and divisional recruiting people leaders and stakeholders, and driving innovation and progress for the overall function
- Manage all vendor relationships in the region and ensure delivery and ROI on spend (job boards, networking events, sponsorship, campus relationships, etc…)
- Establish consistent team meeting and communications framework to keep your team and stakeholders across the region informed and knowledgeable about progress, roadblocks, and challenges facing your portfolio
WHO YOU ARE:
- 10+ years of experience in talent acquisition and/or People function
- 2+ years leading talent acquisition teams or leading people in a People function
- Deep knowledge and experience hiring Field Account Executives, Inside Account Executive, Customer Success, Pro-Serve, Partners and Pre-Sales positions plus some experience with, Marketing, Self-Serve, and Corporate positions as well
- Strong understanding and experience in working with high growth, high paced, high-tech, SaaS, Martech industries would be a major asset
- Comprehensive experience and comfort operating in fast paced/agile/constantly changing organization
- Accountability: holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Perseverance: pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish-doesn't give up
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
- Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals
- Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work
- Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities. Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team
Share our values:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success. Make an impact:
Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact. Learn and grow:
We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Hootsuite is an inclusive employer. Every effort will be made to provide accommodations requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Customer Service and Support