Job Description Summary
Are you a person who can apply a scientific mindset in an operational capacity? Do you have a data-driven approach in supporting business proposals? As a Manager of Business Analytics within our Manufacturing Operations team, you will identify key metrics and quantifiably measure and present results in a meaningful way. You enjoy collaborating with a large team, working cross-departmentally, and disseminating information to various audiences.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Become the subject matter expert on processes required to be performed within the Operations team
- Generate and review technical projects to optimize and streamline manufacturing procedures
- Develops, optimizes and documents processes with internal stakeholders and participates in process improvement initiatives across departments and external stakeholders
- Lead Continuous Improvement and 5S activities in the area of supervision to improve operational efficiencies and reduce costs
- Support team in achieving metrics and meeting goals and schedules
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or a related fieldwith a minimum of 5 years' of industry experience
- Technically proficient with pulling and presenting data, while troubleshooting in timely manner
- Develop skills to delegate well defined goals effectively
- Listen and engage team members, with an ability to collaborate and influence across functional areas
- Strong critical thinking in order to navigate ambiguous situations, providing guidance and recommendations
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Manufacturing and Production