Overview We help organizations to become data driven! Will you collaborate with us?
Data is the new gold. However, data only has value through strong and reliable data analysis, clear interpretation and good data management. We help our clients in those areas to realize growth, improve performance and to manage risks. Our Team
As a Manager in Data Management, you will be a part of our Technology Consulting (Information Management and Data & Analytics) practice within KPMG. This is a worldwide network of professionals who collaborate on a daily basis to create value from data. Enterprise Data Management integrates and is the connecting link with other data focused advisory services including Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics, Digital Transformation, Enterprise Solutions and Data Security. We collaborate across service offerings on data driven solutions. And that is why Forrester Research has recently recognized KPMG as one of the most prominent advisory firms in Data & Analytics! What you will do What you will do
Data Management is an indispensable basis for data analysis and data strategy. Together with your colleagues, you will build strong foundations for our (international) clients. We help our clients in understanding and better governing their data and enable them to analyze their data. You will contribute by:
- Creating and presenting data strategies, roadmaps and data operating models
- Leading the assessment and improvement of our clients' data quality
- Implementing data management capabilities with our clients, so that (cloud) ERP systems perform flawlessly
- Managing data migrations by providing leading practices, relevant experience with specific (cloud) ERP systems
- Leading the deployment and adoption of modern data platforms in our client's business and technology ecosystems
- Securing 'trusted' analytics, by creating transparent and well governed (advanced) analytics processes, data platforms and data lakes
- Advising on digital solutions for Document and Content Management
- Developing and utilizing technical and industry knowledge to resolve complex client challenges and consult on leading practice solutions
- Planning and executing day-to-day activities of advisory engagements for a variety of clients including data strategy and roadmap development, business process analysis, current state assessment and future state process design, data and business case analysis and tailoring recommendations specific to client's use cases and needs
- Building long-term business relationships with client teams and executives through engagement delivery and networking in professional organizations
- Lead business development by presenting thought leadership directly to clients, at industry conferences and leading the development of winning proposals (approach development, effort estimation, collaboration with peers) and negotiation of contracts with clients
- Championing your own growth trajectory and learning interests to deepen your understanding of relevant trends, technology stacks and innovation strategies
You will have the opportunity to be part of our growing Data Management practice, in Canada and globally. Based on our success, you will learn from our Advanced Data Management methodology, training and access to KPMG's Global Center of Excellence - you can be a part of it!
*At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
You have experience or strong affinity with data and you like working in an analytical manner. You are also motivated to collaborate with your team to bring solutions to the client. Furthermore:
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- A completed MBA or Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or Data Science
- Knowledge of and experience deploying leading and cloud based data management platforms would be an asset, for example from Informatica, Collibra, Microsoft, IGC, Snowflake.
- Preferably a number of years (5+) of experience as a Senior Consultant or Manager in a consulting environment or having worked on realizing data management solutions within your organization
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate strategic solutions to client stakeholders at director and operational levels
- You are enthusiastic about complex projects and you are a problem solver
- You bring insights and methods for data quality analysis, transformation, mapping and cleansing
- You are ambitious to develop personally and professionally
- You are a team player and look forward to the challenge to actively collaborate on the dynamic growth of Data Management within KPMG by working on asset development and innovation
- You have demonstrated experience coaching, counseling and motivating team members, both in the domain of data management, as well as clients
- Knowledge of and experience applying governance and data management standards, such as DAMA-DMBOK, CMMI and DCAM is an asset
- Industry-recognized designations/certifications would be an asset, including PMP, TOGAF, ITIL, Azure Cloud Solution Architecture, CDMB
- Must be able to travel locally and internationally based on client and project requirements (after COVID-19 limitations ease)
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office in the course of their duties.
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.