We're looking for a Manager, Sales Development to be part of the Hootsuite 's growth story, partnering with sales & marketing. Supporting our Enterprise and Mid Market segments, this role is foundational to the linear pipeline generation of our sales teams. You'll share your passion for marketing and sales by contributing to our regional sales targets and lead by example with your drive towards growing and efficiently scaling our lead to sales funnel. This role reports to SVP Sales currently and will be based in Toronto. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Hire, develop and lead a team of high-performing, career-driven SDRs responsible for generating new business opportunities leveraging internal sales processes, lead management and qualification, and effective prospecting techniques.
- Plan and scale, in partnership with other internal teams, the business development operations including,lead management process, contact cadences/campaigns, content, team enablement and development
- Identify and implement accepted industry best practices.
- Achieve performance metrics as set out by Sales leadership.
- Oversee and ensure team adherence to process, systems and qualification activities that enable the team to operate effectively.
- Partner with Marketing to develop content and campaigns to be used in business development activities.
- Collaborate with global Sales and Marketing teams, to continuously review sales inbound pipeline and leads follow up
- Ensure the follow-up and internal triage of marketing generated leads.
- Many considerable years of progressive enterprise software and/or SaaS experience.
- Experience managing a high-performing inside sales team, ideally with global scope.
- Experience in sales development with demonstrated successes.
- Experience building and scaling an inbound business development function including the build out of processes, content, technology and general program infrastructure.
- Clear understanding of industry best practices in business and sales (pipeline) development.
- Experience working with a proven sales methodology.
- Working understanding of lead scoring and routing best practices
- Good analytical skills
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Customer Focus: demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals
- Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work
- Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities. Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________Share our values:
We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success. Make an impact:
Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact. Learn and grow:
We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sales and Marketing