ABOUT THE COMPANY
New Beta Innovation Canada Limited (NBI-CA) is a preclinical stage life sciences organization in Burnaby, BC. Leveraging on our expertise in research and development, we are transforming drug discovery into clinical applications for unmet medical needs. We have ongoing collaborations with top universities worldwide on various research projects, with distinguished achievements in the areas of oncology, neurology, ischemic and hypoxic conditions.
Our state-of-the-art GMP manufacturing facilities and laboratories in Greater Vancouver are home to a growing team of professionals who are inspired to develop advanced life-saving hemoglobin-based therapeutics for the well-being of people.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Human Resources, you will perform a variety of HR activities with a focus on developing and delivering learning programs to business groups. You will be part of a collaborative HR team who supports our managers and employees by building trust and providing timely advice and support.
- Be the point of contact providing services, advice, support and coaching to employees and managers in all human resources areas including talent acquisition, performance management, training & development, policy and procedure, employee relations, compensation & benefits
- Build a trusting and collaborative relationship with client groups by having strong business acumen and deep insight into the groups’ operation and business
- Coach managers on people-matters including performance management, conflict resolution, policies and procedures, compensation and employment law
- Stay abreast with current trends in order to develop, implement, and monitor HR initiatives, programs, and policies that support the attraction, retention, and engagement of employees
- Lead, participate and collaborate with peers on HR projects and activities including policies and procedures, performance review, salary surveys, job analysis, compensation and benefits, HRIS
- Prepare and/or review HR related documentation, including reports and trends analysis
- Identify, manage and work with management on complex employee relations issues. Conduct and/or participate in timely investigations
- Lead, coach and develop other HR team members
- Own and execute the training cycle from needs assessment, program development and delivery, program feedback and enhancement
- Coach/support employees with career planning and development
- Work closely with managers to provide strategic advice on workforce planning, recruitment and hiring decisions
- Draft and create internal company wide or HR related communications contents
- Act as Administration Department manager during the absence of the Administration Department manager
- Provide backup for payroll & benefits, and basic Health and Safety tasks when needed
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 8 years experience in an HRBP role with at least 2 years in a progressive management role
- Degree in Human Resources or relevant field
- Strong knowledge and application of employment law ands legislation
- Willingness and ability to share your knowledge and experience with others
- Experience with HRIS and applicant tracking systems, preferably ADP
- Strong attention to details
- Proactive, flexible and adaptable to changing priorities, but to still able to maintain focus on overall objectives
- Demonstrated tact, good judgment, and discretion; maintain confidentiality of files, personal information, and other matters, as appropriate
- Possession of CPHR Designation or working towards completion
WHY JOIN NBI-CA?
The best reason is because of our wonderful people and great work environment. If you are looking for a career with meaning and purpose, it’s hard to beat working in life sciences. We provide comprehensive training and career development opportunities which support our employees’ growth with the company.
If you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to APPLY today!
Biotechnology Human Resources Manufacturing and Production