Job Description Summary
STEMCELL Technologies is looking for a Manager, Facilities Work Control Management to join our dynamic team who will play a vital role working on maintenance planning for one of the best managed companies in Canada.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing oversight and direction to the maintenance department in the development and implementation of world-class processes and practices for planning and scheduling of routine and shutdown maintenance work across STEMCELL's global operations.
You will also collaborate with key stakeholders in Reliability, Manufacturing/Operations, Research & Development, and Supply Chain departments to ensure optimization and alignment of maintenance, planning and scheduling processes and procedures to meet equipment availability and quality targetsJob Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Lead the maintenance, planning and scheduling team within the Facilities Maintenance organization to provide short and long-range planning and execution of work plans for all facility assets
- Spearhead the development of maintenance, planning and scheduling procedures and processes that align with reliability and quality targets/requirements to optimize equipment availability, meet compliance requirements and minimize lifecycle costs for routine and shutdown maintenance
- Lead, mentor and coach end-users in improving their understanding and application of the lifecycle of the work control management processes, including conducting periodic assessments and providing feedback to participants for continuous improvement
- Lead, direct and review the work of team members through providing active coaching, mentorship and conducting regular performance reviews of team members to improve performance
- Drive the Work Order life cycle from Work Request to Work Order completion and optimize the process through period reviews from historical data and employee feedback. (Prioritization, Planning, Work Package development, Scheduling, Execution, Completion, Data entries, and Close-Out)
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent knowledge/training) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (or a closely related discipline)
- 10+ years of experience working in a regulated environment in a similar role with demonstrated knowledge/experience in maintenance work control management, quality control, quality assurance processes and participating in compliance audit is preferred
- 6+ years of progressing leadership experience, ideally in an industrial plant environment, having led maintenance and/or operations teams
- Experience with industry best practices in workers safety, and regulatory requirements (ISO 13485, cGMP/GLP) is highly desired
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and general understanding of FaciliWorks (or equivalent) EAM/CMMS platform
#United #LI-Onsite #LI-AC1
STEMCELL Technologies is a privately owned, Vancouver-based biotechnology company that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Driven by our love of science and passion for quality, we are a company of Scientists Helping Scientists-standing by our customers to provide the outstanding products, technical support, and training they need to advance their research. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine, and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, accessory products, and services. Through our many regional offices, as well as our distribution centers in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble, and Singapore, we deliver our innovative, specialized products to more than 100 countries. With over 2300 employees globally, most with scientific or engineering degrees, STEMCELL is proud to be the largest biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
The annual base salary for this job ranges from:
$95,200.00 - $142,800.00
STEMCELL determines an individual's pay within the range based on multiple factors including experience, education, job-related skills, and equity within the team or organization. For jobs that are eligible for sales incentives, the range noted above is inclusive of target incentives; actual incentives are based on individual performance results in accordance with company policy. In addition to base salary, STEMCELL offers a comprehensive total rewards package including health benefits, retirement savings, and more.
NOTE: STEMCELL'svaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including boosters), as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders, unless an exemption from this policy is approved through our accommodation request process.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.
Operations and Logistics