Work at an award-winning top employer! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing. Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a 2019 Platinum Level Best Employer! What BCAA offers you:
BCAA's Real Estate and Facilities team is looking for a Manager, Facilities Operations.
- It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being a 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
The Manager, Facilities Operations is responsible for managing BCAA's routine facilities operations through leadership of the system maintenance team, and for overseeing the construction program for all BCAA facilities using recognized project management protocols and through establishing and maintaining contractor relationships.Key Responsibilities Maintenance Operations
- Setting, monitoring and managing daily operational maintenance protocols
- Manage the use and deployment of contractors for maintenance-related tasks
- Communicate regularly with internal customers to identify needs, and to determine and implement appropriate action plans
- Budget planning and management for maintenance related initiatives, including identifying, recommending and implementing cost-efficiencies and/or improvements
- Program manager for all elements of construction delivery for large, medium and small-scale projects in accordance with procurement protocols and project management practices, including budgeting and standardized reporting
- In collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and partners (e.g. business unit leads; legal; brokers), assist in the development of requirements documentation and scope development / statements of work
- Build and foster mutually beneficial relationships with design teams, consultant groups and contractors
- Create and deliver reporting on all construction-related activities
- Onboard, train, and actively coach and empower team with regards to performance, development, and team relations
- Ensure team members have appropriate skills and experience to meet objectives
- In collaboration with the Real Estate & Facilities leadership team, conduct talent mapping and succession planning
- Ensure BCAA P&D best practices, documentation and procedures are followed
- Diploma in Project Management, Legal Contracts, Commercial Real Estate, Leadership or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7 years relevant experience with 3 years supervisory experience in Project or Program Management
- Demonstrated strong operational focus with a proven track record of operational excellence and ability to translate strategy into well-defined implementation plans and initiatives
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and proven ability to work cross-functionally in an organization, build strong, collaborative relationships and implement plans to achieve desired outcomes
- Demonstrated leadership skills including onboarding, development and coaching of team members; conflict management and resolution skills
- Proven analytical and quantitative ability, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Skilled in multiple project and process implementation - able to provide development, oversight, coordination, implementation, prioritization, and tracking of multiple of projects across multiple sites
- Demonstrated sound presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven track record of continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to professionally represent BCAA to all customers, stakeholders and partners (internal and external)
- Strong knowledge of software applications - MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint and Visio)
- Financial skills an asset
Internal Applicants: Please note the internal posting will close on February 20 and this is a M2 Salary range. After this date, the internal posting will remain open however you will be considered with external candidates.
We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and sustainability. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.
Banking, Finance and Insurance