Ballard has a new opportunity immediately available for a Design Services & Configuration Management Manager in Technology and Product Development, reporting to the Director, Product Engineering. As a member of the Technology and Product Development Leadership Team, this Manager is responsible for the Design Services & Configuration Management functions that support engineering development of new and existing Fuel Cell products at Ballard.
These teams provide product engineering support with critical technical services including: Mechanical & Electrical Computer-aided design (CAD) and modeling, prototyping and configuration control and life cycle management of products. Working closely with Program and Functional Managers, the manager will also be responsible for ensuring industrial standards and internal TPPM requirements are being met while providing timely delivery and quality support to the engineering platforms, as well as the development and mentorship of the team members within the teams and cross-functionally.
In-depth knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems (high preference in Windchill and Oracle Agile) is required. Both experience as user and admin are key for this position. Knowledge of PLM, Change Management, Part Management, BOM management, CAD Data Management, Document Management and Configuration Management are essential. You will train other team members and find solutions. Drive decisions that contribute to efficient and proper Configuration Management.Key Responsibilities:
- Serve as the engineering leader and technical expert of the Design Services & Configurations Management teams.
- Maintain the functional standards for each of the areas and ensuring they are applied consistently for all platforms to meet program requirements while developing leading industry practices and standards.
- Ensuring training, skill and knowledge requirements are maintained for each of the functional areas so that the outputs are kept to a high standard for both workmanship and expected level of quality.
- Develop process improvements, within each functional support team, to enable competitive design strategies, as well as, rapid prototyping and implementation methods.
- Provide resources including: skills, software, tools and equipment, as needed to meet platform goals and targeted deliverables.
- Effectively communicate with product team and appropriate departments to determine priorities.
- Responsible for the implementation, monitoring, budgeting and maintenance of PLM and Cad systems as well as the purchase of new software and hardware equipment.
- Develop training materials, conduct training and manage user feedback.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for information migration between Oracle Agile and Oracle Cloud ERP ensuring that the data is consistent and complete.
- Engineering or Applied Science Degree couples with 10 years related progressively responsible experience with a minimum of 5 years directly related leadership experience demonstrating strong leadership, engagement and engineering management competencies required to lead multiple engineering disciplines.
- Develops policies and procedures to improve data quality throughout the lifecycle of the data.
- Knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts related to process and configuration management,
- Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Capable of setting clear goals and tracking realization of these goals through business changes.
- Demonstrated organization skills with the ability to lead engineering across disciplines and implement leading practices.
- Ability to develop a long term version for the team to identify skills needed and new approaches.
- Willingness to engage in program discussions to understand customer needs and ability to meet those needs through disciplined change processes.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly support aggressive program schedules while maintaining level of quality and safety required for release.
- Maintain data quality, integrity and security of PLM and CAD databases.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.