Want to use your expertise to connect to an IT career with a difference? As a Manager, Cybersecurity Operations with WorkSafeBC, you'll do just that. Using leading-edge technology, you'll help connect British Columbians to healthy and safe workplaces - providing support for injury prevention programs, rehabilitation services, workplace insurance, and strong health and safety cultures.
Reporting to the senior manager, IT Security and End User Technologies, you'll play an integral part in providing vision, leadership, and direction in the protection of WorkSafeBC's computer systems and information. You'll leverage your extensive Cybersecurity background to manage all aspects of security infrastructure life cycle and security monitoring tools. You'll also lead and manage a team of security network specialists and identity analysts and provide technical leadership, mentoring and coaching to create a culture of accountability and innovation. You'll collaborate with Technology teams on security and risk roadmap planning, development, and implementation.
We've adopted a hybrid model offering opportunities to work remotely within BC
and onsite based on the operational needs of the position. What you'll do As a Manager, Cybersecurity Operations you will:
Is this a good fit for you? We're looking for someone who can:
- Manage the delivery of security and risk products and services including the design, analysis, development, testing and troubleshooting of security solutions
- Manage the delivery of advanced security capabilities including enhanced network architectures, enhanced 24/7 monitoring, enhanced security controls, and threat intelligence and analytics
- Lead the review and implementation of security best practices and controls within an Azure cloud environment
- Determine the objectives and priorities of the team to ensure successful execution of business plans, operation plans, programs, projects and other initiatives
- Ensure security and risk products and services are delivered to clients in accordance with industry best practices and internal standards and corporate requirements
- Collaborate with Applications and Operations Support teams to understand and address the risk position of critical business applications and technology assets
- Manage the technologies and processes for provisioning access to critical business systems
Your experience and educational background:
- Effectively communicate complex information both verbally and in writing to various stakeholders
- Build relationships with leadership across the organization to influence change and drive adherence with configuration management best practice security standards
- Partner with Cybersecurity leadership team to develop, refine and promote team's vision and execute on short- and long-term plans
- Manage and direct staff in a complex technical environment to maintain high levels of service and security of WorkSafeBC's computer systems and information
- Maintain current expert knowledge in the field by reviewing relevant materials and maintaining appropriate professional and external contacts
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering or Computer Science
- A minimum of 5 years of security related experience within various security functions inclusive of experience in Cybersecurity Management. Leadership experience is an asset.
- Preferred Professional certifications including CISSP, GIAC or equivalent
- Knowledge of enterprise security standards including the CIS Critical Security Controls framework, ISO/IEC 27001 and NIST CSF
- Knowledge of and experience working in a cloud environment with Agile and DevOps practices
We'll consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application. Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we're dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We're honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
WorkSafeBC's COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the "Policy") is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for. Our benefits
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. We value hard work but also understand the need for a healthy lifestyle. For permanent roles, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your pension plan. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work - and life. Learn more abou t what we offer .
You will be required to successfully meet WorkSafeBC's requirements with regards to a criminal record clearance.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you, in advance, for applying.