We're looking for an experienced Manager, Cybersecurity Architecture & Compliance
to develop an enterprise security architecture for WorkSafeBC.
Do you have experience d eveloping and maintaining Cybersecurity policies, standards, guidelines, and practices for the organization? We're seeking a Manager, Cybersecurity architecture and compliance who can help d eveloping a mature DevOps security practice, and a mature Identity & Access Management practice. Leading the review and implementation of security best practices and controls within a Microsoft Azure cloud environment at WorkSafeBC. How you'll make a difference:
As a Manager, Cybersecurity Architecture & Compliance
at WorkSafeBC, you'll be using leading-edge technology to help connect British Columbians to healthy and safe workplaces. Where you'll work
At WorkSafeBC, we offer a hybrid work model
that combines the convenience of working remotely with the dynamism of working in one of our offices, based on the operational needs of the position.
In this role, you'll work primarily from your B.C. home and occasionally in our Richmond office. What you'll do
Is this a good fit for you? We're looking for people who can
- Develop and maintain cybersecurity policies, standards, guidelines and practices and enterprise security architecture for the organization.
- Develop a mature DevSec Ops practice and Identity & Access management practice.
- Lead, review and implement security best practices and controls within a Microsoft Azure cloud environment and establish base line security controls.
- Commissioning risk assessments and vulnerability investigations of security controls to ensure compliance.
- Provide operational support for IT Risk Management including monitoring and reporting of current IT risks. Supporting the Enterprise Security Governance Committee.
- Investigate unauthorized system access and intrusion, when requested by Labour Relations (HR) or the Investigations Division; and provide internal consultation services on security issues.
- Organize and participate in cybersecurity awareness program to improve WorkSafe BC staff awareness of security issues and practices.
- Participate in the development of standard vendor contract language and terms and conditions in relation to security policies and practices.
Your background and experience
- Collaborate, communicate, sponsor, and provide leadership for enterprise and cross cybersecurity implementation initiatives.
- Provide feedback, coach, and mentor team members and can effectively work with cross functional teams.
- Be Proactive and use critical thinking through complex problems and make decisions that may impact multiple levels of business, projects, or programs.
- Strategize, think, and implement tactical planning for I&T and recommend strategic direction for deploying new and advanced security technologies.
- Foster supportive and healthy work environment.
- A bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering or Computer Science, or a STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) field
- A minimum of Five years of security-related experience within various security functions inclusive of experience in Cybersecurity Management.
The incumbent must have knowledge of enterprise security standards including the CIS Critical Security Controls framework, ISO/IEC 27001 and NIST CSF. Leadership experience is an asset.
Professional certification including CISSP, GIAC or equivalent is preferred.
We'll consider an equivalent combination of education and experience. Important to know
Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must:
- Consent to a criminal record check.
- Confirm you're legally entitled to work in Canada
WorkSafeBC's COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the "Policy") is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect. Who we are
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We're honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. Learn more:
Discover who we are . Our benefits
As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that help you get the most out of work - and life. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes:
- Defined benefit pension plan that provides you with a lifetime monthly pension when you retire
- 4 weeks of vacation in your first year, with regular increases based on years of service
- Benefits package that includes customizable options for health care and dental benefits, additional days off, and a health care spending account
- Optional leave arrangements
- Development opportunities (tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and more)
Find out what we offer . Want to apply?
- Applications are welcomed immediately, however must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. PST on the closing date.
- Please note that we will be starting assessments prior to the closing date.
- We encourage all qualified applicants to apply . If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.