Manager, Consumer Marketing (Evo Car Share) Position Overview Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a 2018 Canadian Gold Level Best Employer
If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at Evo Car Share Created by BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing. What BCAA/ Evo offers you:
•It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being one of AON Top 50 Employers in Canada - 2018 and an Outstanding Workplace by YWCA in 2018. What is the job?
•Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
•We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
•We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
•We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
•We have an amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
•Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
The Manager, Consumer Marketing role supports BCAA's strategic plan for the Evo Car Share product line. This is a dynamic role on the marketing team. The role reports into and supports the Senior Manager, Consumer Marketing for Evo, in setting the strategic vision on all aspects of Marketing. Specific areas of responsibility include, branding, advertising, digital, research and Brand Activation Strategy
Key performance Metrics: Member acquisition, Revenue, and Usage targets. What is the status?
Temporary Full-Time (approximate end date is January 31, 2020)What are the hours?
35 hours per weekKey Responsibilities Include What you will be doing? Brand Management Product Strategy:
• Define product strategies and create annual business plans/performance targets to achieve Evo strategic plan objectives (e.g. Evo
Member Acquisition and revenue)
• Leads and manages cross-functional collaboration internally and externally to set marketing strategy and performance targets
• Develops and recommends business case proposals
• Understands and initiates improvements to processes in order to drive acquisition or reduce costs (marketing processes or customer
facing processes) ensuring processes reflect the evolving needs of the Evo Business
• In collaboration with the operations team, provides insights and develops and supports the implementation of product changes from a Promotion Strategy:
digital standpoint that support the strategic direction of the product line. (ie: App)
• Develops communication and promotion strategies and plans, consistent with the Evo Brand, to effectively reach target segments in Forecasting, Tracking & Reporting
support of annual business plans
Work with External Agencies to set strategy, and follow through on execution of advertising campaigns
• Determines expected ROI, sets targets for campaigns and assesses ongoing effectiveness
• Work cross collaboratively with internal digital and creative teams in creative executions such as (Social, E-letter, web etc.)
• Manage brand activation strategy and work closely with Events team for effective execution and brand presentation
• Manage ongoing loyalty program development and deployment
Research & Competitive Insights:
• Forecasting, budgeting and expense management
• Report on monthly performance targets through different channels and campaigns
• Initiates competitive research and analysis to identify actionable insights from a strategic or tactical perspective
• Monitors competitive activity, positioning and performance
• Participation at Industry events and through industry connections Brand Activation
• Set the strategic vision for Evo brand activations, and support the events team in executing and delivering on targets
• Set strategic vision and conduct negotiations for large-scale marquee events (i.e. SKOOKUM festival)
• In close partnership with events team to set strategic direction and provide support for partnerships, owned events and Evo extras program.
• Work closely and cross-functionally with events team to ensure brand presentation and experience standards are being met.
• Provide channel specific targets for external brand ambassador team, partnership initiatives and owned events. Stakeholder Management
• Manage stakeholders across the organization in an engaging manner that builds alignment and support for Evo deliverables
• Indirectly manages externally staffed brand activation team while driving team motivation Business Performance
• Responsible for ongoing Member acquisition targets, revenue and increasing Member usage, and brand awareness
Minimum Qualifications What do you bring? Education:
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree; preferably in Business - Marketing, or Finance Experience:
• Minimum 5 years directly related marketing work experience in Consumer Marketing preferably in consumer packaged goods or other consumer facing products. Other Skills:
• Financial skills and budget management
• Proven analytical and quantitative ability, problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Consumer marketing acumen - ability to analyze, recognize, understand and interpret consumer behavior, brand strategies, customer needs, channels/touch points and be able to turn this knowledge into action.
• Experience and understanding of social strategy and digital tactics to drive acquisition and brand awareness
• Communication - Demonstrated sound interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills, both verbal and written - must be able to convey technical details to non-technical individuals and convey business requirements to technical support units.
• Critical thinking - ability to think strategically and drive solid results to grow business
• Demonstrated ability to interact with people at all levels of an organization, fostering strong internal and external cross-functional teamwork
• High comfort with software applications - MS Office Suite, with particular expertise in spreadsheet, database and presentation applications
• A track record of continuous learning
• Team Management an asset Division
CMO Job Status
Temp Full Time (TFT) Location Name
Head Office (Burnaby) Location Name
British Columbia [BC]
Posted: November 13, 2018
Closes: January 12, 2019