Job Description Summary
Are you a strategic thinker that gets excited about the idea of helping create and align business processes for scalable growth? As a Manager, Business Development Operations you will be responsible for leading and planning STEMCELL's Business Development future. This includes working and collaborating closely with internal and external stakeholders at the cutting edge of science to add value to the business. You'll manage the day-to-day operations of the department as it continues to grow, helping with establishing best practices for documentation, budgeting, and training.
By applying your people leadership skills with project management experience, overseeing new technologies and IP, and executing on project deliverables, you'll help drive STEMCELL's Business Development team to achieve their targets on time, on budget, and on scope.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Manages departmental obligations, including but not limited to departmental documents, budgets, goals, and new hire onboarding and training
- Evaluates and tracks new technologies for potential in-licensing
- Provides input internally and externally with relevant stakeholders on matters relating to or impacting Business Development Operations, including but not limited to information technology requirements, inter-departmental processes, and contractual obligations (including royalty payments and margins).
- Provides leadership and support to team members within Business Development Operations and strategically plans for departmental growth
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, with a minimum of 3 years of experience related to the role
- Strong knowledge of project and people management fundamentals, with PMP certification an asset
- Experience communicating and influencing within a complex interdisciplinary environment; strong collaboration skills
- Strong computer literacy with experience working with spreadsheet, presentation, project management, and database applications
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!