Job Description Summary
STEMCELL has an opening for an experienced Manager, Building Services responsible for overseeing the daily operational management and administration of STEMCELL's offices. This role is involved in day-to-day operations of the buildings and premises, and successfully driving industry-leading building services and processes that support the core business of our organization, and help make STEMCELL a great place to work.
The Manager, Building Services provides oversight of integrating new and existing systems, processes and infrastructure in a manner consistent with industry best practices ensuring that our working environments are operating seamlessly across global regions for our employees and their activities. This role liaises with, negotiates and facilitates consensus with all internal and external stakeholders and supports operational issues related to building and office services and/or priority setting, while continually researching and implementing new processes to improve operational efficiencies and enhance our service delivery model.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the building and office services management functions, team(s) and activities. Serve as an integral member of the Facilities Management Team to provide operational direction.
- Lead and mentor a team while enabling progressive career development and a great employee experience.
- Participate in annual goal setting to prioritize operational deliverables and projects.
- Prepare and manage the annual budget and expenditures; review various budget reports for multiple buildings and premises. Lead the initiative for proper and timely forecasting, tracking, reporting and management of the quarterly and annual budget reviews.
- Work with Senior Management to continually evaluate and maintain the Building and Office Services Business Plan that includes short-term, long-term strategies and tactics, risk management, and building-wide contingency planning.
- Develop, implement and administer programs, policies, procedures and practices related to the building and office services delivery.
- Find innovative ways to streamline and enhance service delivery and improvements while keeping an eye on the bottom line. Develop key performance indicators to evaluate performance and results.
- Oversee management of services vendors, contractors, suppliers and external agencies as required; direct the performance of contract work and ensure minimum disruption to core business activities.
- Work closely with the Facilities and Procurement Teams to define scope for outsourced facilities services.
- Direct, plan, implement and evaluate regular building related processes and practices for quality assurance on a periodic basis (building inspections, systems tests, etc.).
- Oversee the administration management of the buildings and office services program (security, parking, front desk services, general office services, waste, etc.).
- Responsible for compliance of all lease contractual obligations and building procedures, in adherence to building and city bylaws, codes and regulations.
- Oversee the planning of allocation and utilization of space and resources for existing and new buildings and offices, or re-organizing current premises.
- Participate in the Office Standards Committee, Occupational Health and Safety Committee and other standing and ad-hoc Committees as required.
- Generate and present relevant management reports and presentations for Executive reporting.
- Support as a backup for direct team members (Receptionists, etc.) and fill in as needed.
- Bachelor's degree Business Administration, Engineering, Real Estate or related field.
- Facility Management certification is an asset.
- 6+ years' experience in building services / maintenance, office management and /or facilities management within a pharmaceutical / healthcare or manufacturing environment. Global experience is an asset.
- Experience leading, developing and coaching a team. Managing global remote teams is an asset.
- Required to travel up to 10-15% of the time. Must be able and flexible to travel between office locations at any given notice and rearrange priorities quickly to respond to urgent operational needs.
- Well-versed in technical operations and facilities management industry best practices.
- Ability to forecast, prepare and manage budgets. Cost conscious and motivated to reduce inefficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex regulations to determine impact on company operations, directives and procedures and to develop action plans to optimize compliance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of leases, contracts, applicable building and city by-laws, codes and regulations.
- Proven ability to negotiate with external service providers.
- Experience with change management and managing projects and programs is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience building strong relationships with senior management, external providers, business partners, etc. with the ability to partner cross-functionally and globally.
- Excellent computer skills are a distinct asset. Proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Productivity tools; familiarity with database software is an asset.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; communicates in a clear, concise and organized manner; listens to others to obtain information.
This role requires vaccination against COVID-19 as per the current recommendations of the CDC, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and where available.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Biotechnology Maintenance and Technicians