Manager - AWS Application Security
Reference ID: 810207
Cloud security is our highest priority at AWS. As an AWS customer, you benefit from an environment built to meet the requirements of the most security-sensitive organizations. As an AWS Security team member, you will help secure that environment for our customers while working on cutting edge security products for a variety of platforms and technologies, all operating at massive scale.
We are looking for an experienced security leader to join the AWS AppSec team. As a security leader, you will own building and managing a team of security engineers and leaders, fostering a strong team culture. You and your team will be responsible for reviewing and testing our new services before release, partnering closely with our development teams to produce innovative and secure solutions. We're looking for a leader that's highly passionate about the potential of cloud computing and building a high performing security team. Ideally you have a track record of delivering high quality technology products and services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly. You should know how to prioritize, communicate clearly and compellingly, and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong team. AWS in general, and AppSec in particular, operates at very large scale and demands high standards, so a passion and discipline around security and delivery is critical. A high level of ownership and accountability is a must.
Think you have what it takes? Keep reading.
• 5+ years of experience leading, managing & developing high performance teams
• 5+ years of progressive experience within a software security team or similar operating environment
• BA/BS in computer science, information security, related discipline, or equivalent work experience
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Strong information security risk-based prioritization abilities
• Hands-on knowledge of information security technologies such as security design review, threat modeling, risk analysis, and software testing techniques
• MA/MS in computer science/related field
• Information security professional certifications encouraged (SANS GIAC, CISSP etc.)
• Experience architecting, securing, and operating Amazon Web Services
• A strong bias for action with proven ability to handle high stress, time sensitive security tasks
• Experience managing remote team members
• Excellent written communication skills, with a focus on translating technically complex issues into simple, easy to understand concepts
• Excellent attention to detail
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Posted: March 15, 2019
Closes: May 14, 2019