Are you an experienced technology professional with experience in business operations, project management, and data and analytics thought leadership? Are you passionate about using data and analytics to support operational and strategic decisions that reduce workplace risk, improve claimant recovery, ensure the fairness of the insurance system, and improve stakeholder experience?
Reporting into the Director, Analytics and Data Lifecycle Services (ADLS), as the Manager, Analytics Delivery you would lead an analytics delivery team and work with internal clients to measure operational, strategic, and initiative successes and opportunities; design and build leading-edge analytics solutions; and promote and support an analytics-driven evidence-based decision-making culture.
By leveraging our organization's ever-expanding data and the rapidly evolving analytics technology, your team will assist each client in achieving the best outcomes for the workers and employers of BC.
This is a hybrid role that would primarily work from home and occasionally attend our Richmond office. What you'll do As a manager of analytics delivery you will:
Is this a good fit for you? We're looking for someone who can:
- Effectively manage a cross-functional team of data and analytics professionals by providing leadership, delegating, and giving direction in the development of operational plans, priorities, and objectives
- Provide input and leadership into departmental business planning and key decisions
- Identify and drive departmental improvements in productivity, timeliness, quality, customer experience, business value realization, sustainability, and team experience
- Influence key business roles to think strategically about data, managing their business through use of data, measures, and analytics tooling, and leveraging data/analytics for specific 'business activity and decision optimization' use-cases
- Provide education and examples on where data and analytics can benefit a business area; endorse the "analytics maturity is business maturity" concept and be a driver of continuous advancement
- Continuously improve business value delivery through analytics by leading in the creation and execution of analytics business roadmap projects and improving analytics maturity using departmental maturity frameworks and value-based metrics
- Partner with the business to prioritize analytics roadmap projects as part of business analytics product management; influences priorities by connecting the dots to potential value and utility
- Be the relationship manager and business partner for assigned business areas by promoting a customer-centric approach; Defining customer service approach, requirements, and measures for the team
- Be the ultimate change manager for analytics/report/data changes within the assigned customer area
Your experience and educational background:
- Lead through change and create a vision and strategy for a team of employees, contractors and suppliers
- Present information, influence others, build effective relationships and work collaboratively with well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in business operations, data and analytics and project management
- Act in a professional capacity as a trusted business partner with analytics expertise. Set expectations with customers; respond to client needs and areas of concerns; resolve issues and escalations
- Analyze complex technical challenges and provide technical solutions with a strong focus on customer service
- Create a supportive and healthy working environment within the department by providing support, ensuring effective communication, promoting teamwork, and providing opportunities for staff involvement in planning and recognize employees' contributions and achievements
- Demonstrate success as an effective leader; reflecting accountability, compassion, excellence, integrity, respect; being responsive, fair, collaborative, and forward thinking
- A degree in technology, data analytics, or related discipline
- Five years of experience in a technical role
- Technically proficient in analytics, with a working knowledge of leading data and analytics technologies
- Experience working with a large complex unionized environment is an asset
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Application requirements:
Applications are welcomed immediately.
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email HR Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application. Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we're dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We're honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
WorkSafeBC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In implementing the policy, WorkSafeBC will consider its obligations to accommodate those staff who are unable to be vaccinated.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for. Our benefits
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work - and life.
WorkSafeBC has adopted a hybrid model offering opportunities to work remotely and onsite based on the operational needs of the position.
Learn more about what we offer .
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you, in advance, for applying.