Job Description Summary
Do you thrive in an analytical environment where you can use your technical expertise working with equipment and facilities management? Come join STEMCELL Technologies - Canada's largest biotech company - as a Maintenance Planner, creating new procedures and guidelines in an agile and fast-paced environment.
As a Maintenance Planner, you'll contribute to STEMCELL's goal of helping scientists advance science by developing short and long-term work plans for planned and corrective work for all facility assets, including building services and manufacturing equipment. This includes liaising between cross functional teams to ensure planned and corrective maintenance work orders for both routine and shutdown work are planned effectively to permit an effective execution of maintenance and reliability work at the facilities.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Perform Detailed Job Planning of corrective work as well as Preventive Maintenance improvements to permit safe, effective, and efficient execution of scheduled maintenance activities
- Lead the development of new Preventive Maintenance Plans and optimize existing maintenance strategies based on reliability, end-user feedback, and as per facility SOP requirements
- Work with Procurement & Material Management on Quotes for Materials or Service requirements for planned Corrective and Preventive Maintenance
- Create Purchasing Request Forms for required Materials or Services for planned Corrective and Preventive Maintenance
- Lead and/or collaborate with different stakeholders in the development and stewardship of Change Control Requests (CCRs/TCRs) for improvement/modifications to facility equipment, and work with leadership personnel and end-users to identify opportunities for improvement and leverage industry best practices in maintenance planning & scheduling
- Bachelor's in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering
- Ideally 4 to 8 years of relevant experience, ideally in a highly regulated environment
- Proficient in Work Control management (Planning/Scheduling) using EAM/CMMS systems, spreadsheets, and related software (Primavera, Prometheus, SAP) is an asset
- Technical knowledge of various types of manufacturing and lab equipment (mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation). Experience in ISO 13485, ISO 55001, and GMP / GLP is preferred
- Able to communicate effectively with a cross functional team (verbal and written)
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Operations and Logistics