XCO is a tech startup in the Okanagan, building a position tracking and sensor integration platform. We are looking for a machine learning engineer to develop motion analysis neural networks. Our product generates streaming sensor data which is processed to precisely determine position, and then further analyse to detect features and anomalies. We are aiming to improve our tracking performance and automate development of new feature detectors. You will work in collaboration with our university partners to develop novel neural network based solutions.
XCO is obsessed with identifying digital biomarkers for healthcare and human performance (e.g. sport and health). This means we find metrics that can determine early onset of disease (e.g. Parkinson's), assess severity of injuries (e.g. concussion) and identify weaknesses in athletic performance (e.g. sprints, agility and jumps). Our novel wearable technology makes it easy to collect detailed phenotype data and eliminates the work required to use motion analysis systems, timing equipment, stopwatches and spreadsheets. Yet, we precisely analyze human movement up to 100 times per second whether it is in training, testing or in rehab. Our proprietary platform ultimately provides real-time assessment of gait, biometrics and cognition.
We are small but pack a big punch. Our team is made up of experienced engineers, product innovators, and medical leaders. We want to build it right the first time, with great design, ease of use, and reliability. You're contributions will be critical, and have immediate impact on our products. We're looking for capable, independent, skilled, quick to pick up new things, and easy to work with.
XCO is located in beautiful Penticton, BC, a wonderful place to live. Many of us moved to the South Okanagan for the active lifestyle and gorgeous surroundings. So do get in touch if you are interested.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Proven experience with convolutional and recurrent neural networks solving real world problems, data preparation, training and model validation, an excellent understanding of generalisation issues, data augmentation.
- Experience with time series data.
- A solid mathematical background, including statistics, and optimization as relevant to machine learning (ML).
- Able to bring algorithms to life based on research papers. Improving our tracking performance will likely involve implementing a Kalman filter with neural networks -- bleeding edge stuff.
- Great programming skills not just in ML frameworks but also in C/C++. Obviously you must be familiar with at least one ML framework.
- Nice to haves include, Linux and FOSS software, GCC, Git, comfort working with hardware, relational database experience, deploying networks for inferences in IOT and embedded devices, familiarity with cloud based network training, experience in the sport and health care sectors.
Remuneration includes a competitive salary, stock options, and benefits based on proven experience. The position will be located in beautiful Penticton, BC with the rest of our product development team. How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with Machine Learning Engineer in the subject line.
Posted: October 31, 2018
Closes: December 30, 2018