Job Description Logistics Specialist
At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry's AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally. Primary Duties and Responsibilities Logistics:
• Responsible for logistics operations, freight, and carrier management as well as support the distribution channels including US, Canada, Brazil, Plano, and The Netherlands • Preparing export documentation required for daily shipments, which includes but not limited to commercial invoices, packing list, COO, Declarations etc • Preparing / retrieving import documentation required for daily shipments, which includes but not limited to commercial invoices, packing list, COO, Declarations etc • Monitor and ensure delivery of all purchase orders, sales orders, including all documentation, system updates, and internal and external communication • Provide support to Vendor's and customer's and customers inquiries. • Coordinate the brokerage and forwarders requirements to support export and import into the global market • Manage requirements to support freight forwarders and collect shipments. • Work closely with the Purchasing team to ensure freight inbound from suppliers is mode and spend optimized • Consults with Customer Order Management to support the customer's logistics requirements. • Track & expedite (when needed) shipments to ensure on time delivery. • Coordinate customer returns as required through the US, Netherlands, and Brazil distribution warehouse. • Working closely with service providers to assure efficient and effective execution of service requirements, as well as freight cost reconciliation and analysis • Taking initiatives on logistics process optimization with Lean and Automation concept Trade Compliance:
• Ensure and work to support the clearing on delivery of all purchase orders, sales orders, including all documentation, system updates, and internal and external communication • Has basic knowledge of US export compliance (HTS, ECCN, EAR, ACE, etc.), EU export compliance (ECCN, VAT, etc.), LATAM customs (IN-BOND Shipment), EMEA import compliance (COC, SASO, Inspection, etc) • Review and execute export/import regulations on a regular basis to make sure Avigilon is compliant within the global market space • Evaluate customer orders for sanctions and denied parties screening to ensure compliance. • Other duties as assigned by the manager Qualifications Education:
• Degree or College Diploma with in International Business or related field or a College Diploma or and equivalent business experience . • Preference for CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) or similar Designation or working towards • Business degree and ISM or CPSM or CCLP or APICS (CLTD) designation Experience:
• 3-4 years' experience in logistics and/or import/export coordination . • Experience or training with ECCN classification would be an asset • Strong working knowledge of an ERP / SAP system. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent English communications skills, both written and verbal • Self-motivated person who enjoys challenges and working in a fast-paced environment with a daily sense of urgency. Taking initiative to solve problems and deliver results • Detail oriented with a willingness to adapt and be flexible in a growing company • Attention to details for shipping documents. • Analytical/analysis skills • Ability to resolve issues between internal and external stakeholders • Ability to act decisively to resolve problems • Ability to multi-task and juggle priorities along with strong organizational skills • Knowledge and experience with ERP systems. Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.
We believe that diversity spawns innovation - the more diverse our employees are, the more ideas and talents we have to excel as a leader in the technology sector. If you would like to be part of a dynamic team of people who are ambitious, focused, and hardworking then we look forward to meeting you!
Manufacturing and Production